We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Sale
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
money

I'm starting my honeymoon in Singapore next week - we'll be there for 2 nights and we're staying at the Pan Paciifc.

How much money do you think i'll get through - we'll need to purchase late lunch (i imagine breakfast will be skipped) and dinner. We'll probably have some drinks and do some sightseeing.

What will i expect to get through?

Finally, what shouldn't I miss?

thanks guys!

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

Eating in Singapore is cheaper than in the UK. You can get a belly busting meal in a hawker centre for less than a fiver a head (GBP). Sngle courses of all types of food are available from about £1.00 upwards. This would be fine for your lunch.

Restaurants are good quality and cheap. It's hard to put a figure on it but you could eat at really nice restaurants for less than £20 per head for two courses.

Drinks are a different matter if you like wine with a meal be prepared to pay from about £30 upwards for a bottle. A pint of lager will be from about £5.00 in the evening (cheaper during the day).

In the hawker centres you can buy large bottles (633ml) of lager or Guinness for about £2.00.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: money

I totally agree.

Although Singapore is not the cheapest among Asia, but the unique thing about it is that you can get food anywhere and at anytime.

A lot of party and drinking outlet in the city.

For 2 nights with your newly wed in Singapore, I would say you won't spend more than GBP1000 unless you purchase some expensive items there.

Electrical items like camera, mp3 players, PSP etc is much cheaper in Singapore if you are looking for one

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money

£100 GBP? I would say that this is more than enough.

It depends on how much bevy you want ;o) but for two nights doing what you described I would have thought that £300 to £400 would be plenty.

(I am fairly up to date on this being from the UK and having spent two weeks in Singapore in February.)

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money

Sorry, I meant to say £1000 GBP.

Sale
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money

i'm not intending to spend much more than a £1000 in a fortnight, never mind two days!!!

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money

I don't know where you are going after Singapore I would have thought that you would need more than £1000 for two weeks to do what you suggest.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: money

£500 a day? You'd be hard pushed to do that in London or New York, never mind anywhere else!

I'm assuming the other posters are including accommodation in that price, and I still think it's a little steep after that.

We've got 2 days in Singapore in a few weeks and we reckon we'll get through a maximum of £100 a day for food/drink/entry fees.. (accommodation already paid for)

The wifes shopping, well, that's another thing!

8. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 05, 2009