We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oriental prices

london
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
oriental prices

I have booked a harbour suite at the oriental as my daughter is coming with us in Sept, price is $450 a night plus taxes but does include the club floor benefits, or would you advise going for a cheaper room and hoping for an upgrade on arrival?

UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oriental prices

Hi buyply,

I've just booked a standard city room for 4 nights for next Feb at a rate of 72GBP including all taxes and breakfast through an online hotel agent. This was by some way the cheapest rate I found.

I am hoping to pay for an upgrade to a club room when I check in as this will hopefully work out much cheaper.

I don't know if it't the done thing to name the agent on here??

london
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oriental prices

Hi Jonesad, I was thinking of doing th same but I think that we would be dissapointed idf we could not upgrade for some reason, as we are their for 14 nights I feel I should not take that chance, or maybeIshould, decisions decisions, I used to be so decisive.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oriental prices

If you dont mind not having an ocean view, I would change my reservation to the Regent hotel (four seasons chain) for a suite promotion of S$375. Huge suite and excellent services and food.

The Fullerton has a long term rate (S$2,900 for two weeks’ stay). These hotels are better than the Oriental Hotel.