We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay in?

worcester, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which area to stay in?

Hi. Im planning a 2 night/3 day trip to Singapore in September and I just wondered what the best area is to stay in? Most of the hotels seem to either be in the Orchard Road area or in the Marina, which would be better located for a traveller on a short trip but who wants to experience all that Singapore has to offer both culturally and its shops and restaurants? Any advice would be most gratefully received! Thanks a lot!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area to stay in?

Hi there,

Singapore's so small that it doesn't really matter where you choose to stay at the end of the day. You're right, most hotels are concentrated in the Marina and Orchard area because the former is very close to the CBD district and Convention Halls (therefore more popular with businessmen) whilst the latter is our main shopping belt (where most of our tourists are).

It's not much of a difference to get to any of our local attractions from either of this place really. So I think when it comes to choosing a hotel, what matters most should be your comfort level and its value-for-money factor.

San Francisco, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area to stay in?

Hi -

I would highly recommend the Marina area and specifically the Swissotel Stamford which has a wonderful location.. I just checked and the rate is $109USD including breakfast. There may be better deals but you can use this as a guide.