We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

perth,australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

hi

we are looking at holidaying in Penang, we arrive at singapore airport early in the morning and are looking at a taxi from singapore to senai airport then a flight directly to Penang

a couple of questions thou

is is the Queen st terminal we need to catch a Malaysian taxi from?

Where is Queen st?

Also, any idea of time it would take to get there

it will be first thing in the morning

any help would be great

peter

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

Hi Peter

like you say, it will be first thing in the morning..

i don't know where you are staying so i can't advise but since like you say, early in the morning then you can take the taxi there(they should and will know when you tell them you want to take taxi there to SENAI). the taxi(not the usual singapore taxis) doesn't go by meter but by per taxi(i think it is $80 to $100)

but i think if you go to QUEEN ST(that's the depot), there is a direct YELLOW BUS(you won't miss it) to SENAI if i am not wrong. each ticket is about singapore $3.00 it takes about more than 1.5hrs to 2hrs including immigration transfer.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

okay i re-read your question again and here i can more less clearer about your situation.

arrive in the wee hours of singapore.

proceed to take the MRT from the airport to BUGIS STATION. alight at BUGIS STATION and ask the MRT CONTROL STATION for directions or look at the HUGE MAP when you exit for QUEEN STREET.

still not sure, never mind... when you walking out to the exit, turn left and walk out instead of turning right.

when you exit the station, just ask people for directions because the DEPOT is really near and i am sure people will direct you. QUEEN ST is very famous and most people will know it. advice, ask the chinese and i am 100% sure they will help you even those who not not english educated(just mentioned bus to JB and they sure will know)

again, if i am not wrong the flights out from SENAI to PENANG is around 10.30am malaysia time(same as singapore) so that leaves you with alot of time.

Singapore
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

Queen Street Bus Terminal.

The yellow buses doesnt bring u to Senai...The Causeway Link CW2 only brings u to JB City lounge aka kota raya 2. From there, you have to transfer to the SENAI AIRPORT SERVICE operated by the same operator (Handal Indah).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

thanks bro

but i think there will be passengers who will also transfer to the connecting bus to SENAI usually.

perth,australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

thanks for your info

its a great help, but do the malayasian taxis leave from Queen st and how long do you think it takes to get to Senai Airport

cheers

peter

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

Peter, I've some updates for you on the other thread, but here's to add on..

Queen Street is near Bugis. You can take MRT to Bugis Station (need to change trains at Tanah Merah) and go out by Exit A (left-hand side as you cross the gantry). Less than 5min's walk brings you to the Queen's Street Terminal.

It typically takes slightly over an hour from Queens Street to Senai Airport. Half an hour from Changi Airport MRT to Bugis MRT.

7. Re: taxi singapore to senai airport (jb)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 16, 2009