We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

Jakarta
9 posts
Save Topic
Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

Dear TA.. recommendation for me please .. I plan to go to sg for honeymoon during Christmas light this Dec. After reading all hotel comments, I choose Swissotel or Royal Plaza. Any body kindly help to make to choose one of this two hotels . Tks

Singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

For Christmas lights, Royal Plaza will be better. It's near Orchard Road and the whole stretch or road will be lighted up in December.

Also it's near to all the shopping area, and Orchard MRT is within walking distance.

Swissotel Merchant Court will have a more "resort" feel. Nearer to Clarke Quay and Chinatown. You still need to travel to Orchard for all the Christmas lighting and shopping.

spore
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

yap.. argee... choose royal plaza scotts

better choice... cos u can walk back to hotel if u go shopping in orchard rd... also next to the hotel is DFS (duty free shop for tourists)

and u can see the xmas light up too...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

Stores will normally have late hours shopping during xmas season and TANGS Singapore will close 1/2 day earlier on Xmas day or so. Hopefully i remember clearly.

Royal Plaza is just besides DFS Singapore. Very convenient. Able to take a stroll down the road at late night or past midnight with less crowd. Take pics etc. Now that the economy has picked up, i foresee that our xmas decoration will be better than previous years (recently standard has dropped tremendously over the past few years!)

Hotel also Near to shopping centers so u can shop till u drop! If shopping is yr priority, then waking up and going to malls in the early morning is the best way of avoiding crowds.....

Swissotel Merchant Court is very near to Clarke Quay etc so easily accessible to nice foods/pubs but not much of shopping/xmas lightings. Maybe u can join the small xmas celebration at pubs. *shrug* If not wrong, there's buses from Merchant court to bring guests/staff to City Hall & some other places? You've to check with the hotel for this service

I will choose Royal Plaza if the pricing is about the same.

Jakarta
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

Many thanks to all the responses ... I might choose RP .. any body ever stayed in this hotel, does the hotel has great room interior ? Thank again .

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

definitely royal plaza on scotts, much better quality ! And of course, location cant be beat. For Xmas, this is definitely the place to be - along Orchard or Scotts Rd.

Even the basic rooms are done tastefully.

Good Luck

6. Re: Swissotel Merchant Court or Royal Plaza on Scotts ..??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, September 11, 2009