We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Changing

Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Money Changing

Hi.

Would i have any trouble changing Australian Dollars in Singapore

If not, where would be the best place to do this ?.

Thank You.

Gander.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Changing

No problem at all. Only thing is I wonder if you'd be getting a better rate here than back home. You can find money changers aplenty in Singapore, only try not to change it at the airport. The airport has one of the lousiest rates around. If possible change them at those licensed money changers located at Lucky Plaza, Raffles Place etc. They usually offer better exchange rates ... at the moment the buying rate for AUD is 1.25 here.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Changing

we had no problems changing our aussie dollars in singapore. there are money changers everywhere - good rates, no commission. worst places to change money would be at hotels and department stores. not sure if banks still charge a commission to change money.

be aware that travel insurance policies usually do not cover loss of cash. although singapore is quite safe, do put your extra cash in your hotel room safe.

have fun.

june

Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Changing

Thank you both for your help. the amount will not be great, it's just that rather than leave cash around the house when we leave i thought it might be better taking it with us. { i am a cash, rather than card person, although i do have one }.