We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purfume

perth
6 posts
Save Topic
Purfume

Hello

I am going to singapore in 8 sleeps and i was wondering if any one knew of the best place to shop for cheap gueniune perfume and for shoes?

Thanks belle

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purfume

Eight sleeps and counting down! Lucky you! We had a great time on our family holiday in Singapore last month and my daughter and I bought quite a few bottles of perfume from a shop in Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road, not far from intersection with Scotts Road. There are a couple of branches of the same shop within this shopping centre - from memory it's called Dollars and Scents. The indian man who served us on our two visits (yes...I went back for more!!) was very helpful and honest - when I asked about Chanel No 5 (for example) he told me I would buy it cheaper at Changi Airport Duty Free. I did check the prices when we flew out of Changhi and all of the four different perfumes I purchased were cheaper at Dollars and Scents than at the airport. He also has some lines for sale in the tester packaging - that is in a brown box without the proper lid, but still absolutely brand new and authentic and cheaper again. Two of the perfumes I purchased I have had before so I knew I was buying the real thing. Great shopping here for Xmas back in Oz - I only wish I'd bought more!!

There are also cheap shoes in the shops in Lucky Plaza - lots to choose from, especially if you have a smaller size foot. My daughter is a European Size 40 (about an Oz ladies 9) and she had real trouble finding bargain shoes here - although in Robinsons (a larger department store further down Orchard Rd from Lucky Plaza on the same side) she had more luck. Athough the shoes were not as cheap in Robinsons they were still good prices compared to shoes in Australia - and there were lots to choose from ranging from cheaper offerings up to top quality. The handbags here were also great - I bought three and my daughter bought two. Funky styles and cheaper than in Oz.

These are just a couple of recommendations and I'm sure others will have had different experiences. But for perfurme I don't think you can go past Lucky Plaza. Hope this helps, cheers Belle - have a great trip. Tanya.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,179 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purfume

Also - another shopping centre we visited where they had lots of cheap shoes was Far East Plaza in Scotts Rd, opposite the Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel. Happy shopping!

Mentioned in this post
Far East Plaza
Far East Plaza
109 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Royal Plaza on Scotts
Royal Plaza on Scotts
4,652 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purfume

For perfume, get them duty free at Changi airport when you arrive or leave. For cheap and nice shoes, you will get better deals in the suburban shopping malls, which are easily accessible by the underground (MRT). Lucky Plaza and the malls around the area are usually tourist traps. However, you could check out the shoe department in Takashimaya department store on Orchard Road.

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Lucky Plaza
Lucky Plaza
565 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Takashimaya Singapore
Takashimaya Singapore
613 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,179 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
mup
Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purfume

Hi Belle

OG's department stores for shoes, great choices and they usually have sales running. China Town store is great! I also got Perfume from Dollars & Scents (Indian place in Lucky Plaza) buying Lancome (Tresor) Sample was fine but on getting home and opening the sealed one, it was only about 1/2 strength so a bit disappointed with that buy. Check out prices at Perth D.Free before you go and then Changi. We will be heading out for our 8th or 9th trip to Singapore (lost count now) in October but until last time have always got perfume from here. Mups (Perth)

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purfume

Perfumes? Beside the one in Duty Free, U can check out the Mustafa Shopping centre on syed Alwi Road. Many selections, some you cannot find anywhere else.

Another wholesale perfume place, U can go is St. Thomas at #B1-01 Lucky Chinatown (Right above Chinatown MRT Station on Temple street side. The perfume here is cheaper then anywhere else. Hidden Gems and not many know.

Shoes? OG Albert Complex is a good choice, BHG Bugis, Isetan Scott, & Robinson.

Mentioned in this post
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,175 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purfume

Totally agree with Me^Only, Mustapha Shopping Centre is one of the best place to shop for perfume.

If you have any questions or you can't find the particularly brand you looking for, try asking one of the indian uncle around that area. They look like security guards but they are not, they are experts in perfume. Ask them anything and they will answer you! :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purfume

Hi Belle,

I go to Sasa once in a while to stock up on perfumes and such and I definitely find them a lot cheaper than in the duty-free shops at the airport even after a 10 percent staff discount.

They're all over the island - in case if you don't have enough time to hop over to Mustafa's or Lucky Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
Lucky Plaza
Lucky Plaza
565 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Cowra, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Purfume

Mustafa Shopping Centre is the best for me too, I will certainly be making a special trip there in October !

9. Re: Purfume

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 07, 2009