We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Singapore

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Singapore

Hi Guys!

I along with my family are taking a trip to Singapore/Malaysia. We will be in Singapore for 3 full days and 2 nights, as at the end of the 3rd day, we want to take a train/bus to Malaysia. Our itineray looks like this:

day 1-singapore zoo and night safari.

day2-sentosa-particularly interested in the underwater world...n the dolphin show...

day3-boat quay, sun tek city and the underground shopping mall, the esplanade, orchard road...

i have absolutely no clue as to wat is where...the distance...direction..etc...

we will be staying at 1bnb (www.1bnbsingapore.com)...(i just hope the place is nice...!!)

Now what I need to find out is:

1)is the itineray possible?? speacially day 3???

2)wat is the best way to travel?? since we r 4 adults...wud it make more sense to take a taxi...or the MTR is still cheaper?

3)my sister n i wanted to check the night life one day...we were thinking after sentosa (day 2)...is it safe for 2 girls to travel at night by MTR or taxi??

4)wats the best way to get to malaysia? we want to go to genting directly for a day...after which we will be going to langwaki for 2 days...penang for 1 day and KL for 2 days and back to singapore for out flight back home....

i'm really confused with the travelling bit...in singapore....n also in malaysia...i will be posting my query in the malaysia forum too...

if someone can help me with the details for travel in singapore....i'd really appreciate it...

Thanks!!

Perth WA
Level Contributor
233 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Singapore

Hi there,

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at 1BNB. We thought it was great. We were only there to sleep anyway. Room was good with a comfy bedd, bathroom was big and quite OK. Even the shared bathroom was fine. Internet was excellent. Views amazing.

Talk to Jennifer while you are there. We found her a wealth of information. She should be able to help you with regards catchin the train to Malaysia. Our buiding was right opposite the station.

Hope this helps

J

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Singapore

Yes, you can do what you want, but day 3 might be a bit rushed.

MRT is best way to travel - esp. if on a budget. Take MRT out to Zoo and then local bus to zoo.

Around town - depending on rain (Taxi is hard to get when it rains) and the time of day taxi will be OK.

Singapore is very safe for all people.

Quickest way to Malaysia is BUS from Singapore to KL - takes about 5 hours. (Train takes 8 hours). Then (next day ?) take another bus to Genting.

Kl to Langkawi is a long trip - as is Penang. You might want to rethink things as you could spend a lot of your holiday in a bus.

Malaysia - ask Alex or MK - send a pm.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Singapore

Hey...

Thanks a ton for all the info...

Its just 5 days away and i'm really excited...

Had another query though ;)

We have a booking in Langkawi on the 15th Aug. We are reaching KL on 14th Morning at 6:30 AM. We plan to take the first bust to Genting at 8:00 AM. Spend the entire day and then head back to KL for an over night journey to Langkawi.

I have been trying to figure out how to get there by train, as I'm not really fond of travelling by buses. I checked the web site (www.ktmb.com.my/) and I cant fing Langkawi as the destination. I am assuming we will need to take a ferry from some place. But where?

My questions are:

1) Till where do we take the train from KL. And post that how do we get to Lankawi...by ferry? Or is there an alternate way out? And wat will be the travel time.

2)From Langkawi, is there any other way to get to Penang? Apart from ferry?

We have to go to Penang to meet a friend. We are thinking of leaving in the morning arounf 11-12. And take a flight back to KL the same day at 10:30PM (air asia) Will we get enough time in Penang this wa? May 6-7 hours?

3)From KL, we need to go back to Singapore on 19th night for our flight back home which is on 20th morning at 9:00 AM (check in should be around 6-7 AM) What time does the last bus leave KL for Singapore??

4)Also, from Genting, what time does the last bus leave? Or how much would it cost us by taxi if there is no bus available at night?

Thanks...

PS-Will also put this in the KL forum

4. Re: 3 days in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:43 pm, September 01, 2007
5. Re: 3 days in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 09, 2009