We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raffles

cardiff
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Raffles

Can anyone remind me what the dress code is to go into the bar at Raffles. Were staying in the Carlton (round the corner same hotel as I used 2 years ago) didn't get to go in last time and would really like to go in to try a famous "sling". But need to know what to pack, we will be arriving here after spending 7 days in Reethi Beach in the Maldives, so luggage space and weight is at a premium

Level Contributor
2,340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raffles

You can wear casual clothes ie. t shirts and flip flops I am not sure if you can wear shorts but I think it is OK. this is to go in the Long Bar for a Singapore Sling there are different dress codes for other restaurants.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Raffles

I'm pretty sure they require no sandals/slippers and no shorts for males.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raffles

Don't stress too much over it! The 'Dress code' applied for the High Tea in the Tiffin Room too but no-one seemed to follow it at all - in fact we felt overdressed as there were shorts, flip flops etc and I expect that the Long Bar is more relaxed!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Raffles

A Western male traveller whom I was walking around with came into the lobby of the Raffles Hotel and we tried to go further but was stopped by the security, saying that he needed to change his attire.

Level Contributor
2,340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raffles

You cannot enter the front doors in shorts and sandels but if you go in the back entrance and walk around the grounds and enter bars etc that is fine, madness I think. We have never given any thought to what my husband is wearing when going to the Long Bar.

6. Re: Raffles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 06, 2009