We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short list - Rendezvous, Golden Landmark, City Bayview

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Short list - Rendezvous, Golden Landmark, City Bayview

Hi everyone,

So much help so far, but just a bit more please.

After our difficulties with trying to book Allson for Jan 08 it tried some other hotels and dates.

When I changed dates on some hotels from our Jan 08 dates to Aug or Sept 07 they were available but not out to 08. I'm guessing rooms not released this far in advance.

City BayView has been suggested by Checkers as a good alternative to Allson but I was concerned also about the bedbugs comment on City Bayview though other reviews good, and certainly in good spot for transport and food.

As we are qantas ffs here in Aus we have also looked at their site for hotel bookings in Singapore. Means we get ff points for $s spent on the hotel. As we are 2 couples travelling together and want 2 rooms for 8 nights ff points worthwhile.

Qantas has Rendezvous for $115 per night.

Qantas also has Allson at $111 per night and

Golden Landmark, 2 room choices including Deluxe room at $112 per night.

A little more than asiabesthotels but the qantas ff points are bonus for us.

We have narrowed down our choices to a short list of :

Rendezvous, or

Golden Landmark, or

try qantas for Allson, or

City Bayview (if qantas don't come through with above)

Rendezvous looks good to me so 1st pick at present.

Comments on choice appreciated from anyone knowing more about them.

regards

cthink.

11. Re: Short list - Rendezvous, Golden Landmark, City Bayview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:43 pm, September 01, 2007
12. Re: Short list - Rendezvous, Golden Landmark, City Bayview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 09, 2009