We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Singapore

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Singapore

I will be spending New Year's Eve 2004 in Singapore with my girlfriend. Since I have never been to Singapore before and I have understood that the Western New Year isn't very celebrated in the region I am in the need of some pointers. Where should we go and what should we do to celebrate New Year's in the best possible way? Are there any specific hotels, restaurants, clubs, neighbourhoods that will more appropriate?

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Singapore

Hi,

Not true that Singapore not celebrating the western new year, we celebrate christmas & western new year as the western people do.

Pub and disco all night long, you may see street performance and fire works also.

If you choose to stay in a hotel, depend on your budget, you can stay in 3 star to 6 star hotel.

What you can do during New Year eve; you can walk along Orchard Road where most of the happening there or choose to see art performance in Singapore Art center..

Don't worry, Singapore is a very safe place to travel.

Gary

singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Singapore

Actually, New Year's is a big holiday in Singapore...practically every hotel and bar in Singapore will have some special event. Also, every year there is a big beach bash on the island sentosa.You can sample some different events by looking at the calendar of events on teh singapore tourism board's website:http://www.visitsingapore.com/sections/3a_calendar/1,1478,304,00.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Singapore

Most of the pubs and dance clubs have planned something big for New Year's.

Here are some locations:

1) Mohamed Sultan Road - most of the happening dance clubs are there.

2) Suntec City - around the fountain of wealth (roads are closed)

There'll be some performances normally.

Check out the Esplanade as well (close by Suntec). May have fireworks there.

Boat Quay and Orchard Road used to be happening a couple of years back, but not sure about now.

Pls note that you will normally NOT be able to find any taxis home between 1230 midnight - 2am on New Year's and there'll be huge taxi queues. That's the only recommended form of transportation esp after heavy drinking/partying.

So party on till dawn!

Xin
Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Singapore

Highly recommend this website www.indochine.com.sg. You must check this out! It seems like the coolest parties happening at all three branches of this establishment. It is very pricey but worth having a look at all the crazy happenings on that night. This is the club to be seen and heard. Heh!!! I am a clubbing freak too! Hope to see you there!

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Singapore

There is the countdown beach party at Sentosa. It's an annual affair. You can party all nite from 7 to 7 on New Year's day! But I'd suggest you join in the crowds at 10-ish.. or slightly earlier to avoid the crowd