We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport check in at MTR?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Airport check in at MTR?

Hi all,

I was wondering if they have airport check in counters at some MTR stations as they do in HK. If they do, this will simplify things a lot for us.

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

There are no airport check-in counters at the MRT stations in Singapore. But for some of the airlines, you can do a check-in at their downtown offices (for Singapore Airlines you can check-in at their Orchard Road office) - you would have to check with your airline if they have any other check-in except the airport.

If you can be more specific on how an MRT station check-in would simplify things for you, maybe you can find a more precise answer.

Cheers!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

It would mean being able to check our luggage in after we check out of our hotel, and not have to cart it about with us all day until our flight leaves, and not have to trek all the way out to the airport to do it.

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

The In-town check in facility is not available in Singapore thus Poo Vin seem to be confused as to what it is.

For Poo's information, HK has an in-town check facility in the city where people can check in before their flight together with their luggage. They can then proceed later to the airport lwhich is located in lantau island to board for their flight.

SIA has a downtown check in but no facility to check in your luggage too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

YorkFoodie,

With regards to lugging your luggage around town after checking out of your hotel. I believe most hotels have a luggage room in which you can leave your luggages at the hotel until it is time to leave for the airport for your flight. The downside of this would be having to go back to the hotel to retrieve it not allowing you to explore places while making your way to the airport.

That being said, Singapore isn't very big a country so it should be quite easy getting back to the hotel to retrieve your luggages.

Cheers !!

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

Hi,

You may consider early check-in at Changi Airport to drop your luggages and collect you boarding pass. Then you are free to go back to the city.

changiairport.com.sg/changi/en/airport_guide…

I did this one time: my SIA flight was scheduled at midnight. So in the morning I went to Changi airport and made an early check-in (up to 48h with SIA flights). I dropped my luggages and got my boarding pass. Then I headed back to SIN.

After a whole day in the city I did really need a shower: I went to one of the hotels in the transit area and paid for a shower...

Hope this helps :-)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

Thanks, it looks like we'll either have to take our stuff out to Changi before going back into town or leave our luggage at the hotel and make a special trip back to collect it on the way to the airport. I was just hoping to avoid either alternative :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

You might want to put Ur visit to the Bird park till the last day (that is IF U ever going there) as they would store Ur luggage for U while U go around the park. From there, u can go Airport directly.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

Early check-in has some advantages:

- Changi is not really far from the city (about 30 mins by MRT)

- early check-in takes only few minutes

- no more worry about your luggages

- book your seats in advance

- no more need to be at the airport X hours before flight

- no long queue when check-in

9. Re: Airport check in at MTR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, September 02, 2009