We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice?

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
Hotel choice?

Hi,

we've booked to spend Christmas in Singapore this year and initially booked Bayview! I've since reviewed the hotels we can choose from and decided that I prefer the "(Parkroyal on Coleman Street (formerly "The Grand Plaza Parkroyal" Anyone got comments?

Ta

Singapore
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice?

The rooms are just refunished. Nice and new looking now =)

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice?

Thanks for the reply.some people might not recognise the hotel name(s) I listed in the original post as I understand it's changed again,now called "Grand Plaza Park Royal" if this jogs anyones memory?

cheers Harry

Level Contributor
2,307 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice?

I emailed this hotel direct for room rates and they did not reply. I have since booked the Novotel at Clark Quay so lets hope that is just as good.

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice?

Noodlesetc,

both hotels are ranked the same( 20 and 21) by TA people so we both should be OK. We are doing a miles upgrade with BA so decided to use their hotels etc and they only list about 12 to choose from.We usually go to Bangkok/Thai beach(about 15 times) but no availability with BA to BKK for upgrade so grabbed Singapore(5th time)

Cheers ........Harry

Level Contributor
2,307 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice?

We usually stay at the Sheraton Towers (8 times) but there is a big air show on at the time we are going and the room rates were double the price, the Novotel seems to have retained their normal prices so have opted for this. We usually spend 2 weeks in Singapore but have decided to stay a couple of nights each end of a Thailand holiday, we are going to Krabi for the third time, as it is only a couple of nights I am sure it will be fine, we did eat at the restaurant at ParkRoyal in Feb this year and the food was good, the hotel very modern and looked quite impressive. We usually fly with BA but have opted for Emirates this time although we will stop in Dubai we have gone for business class which was half the price of BA.

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choice?

Noodles,

thanks for that, we flew Emirates biz class last time to Bangkok and Thai biz class the time before.I wouldn't pay the £7000 for BA biz flts but we collected so many miles that we paid for prem econ and used miles to upgrade it(we're flying Christmas so get fleeced by BA I guess?)

thanks again...................Harry

7. Re: Hotel choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, September 02, 2009