We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airways

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar Airways

Will be flying buisness class return to Singapore from London Heathrow later this year with Qatar Airways, can anyone tell me what they are like as the tickets were a real bargin.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Airways

By all acounts, superb.........One of only four 5* airlines worlwide. The others being Cathay Pacific, Malaysian & Singapore..........Only downside is your change at Doha as it is too small although currently being upgraded..........

See www.airlinequality.com

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Airways

I'm travelling LHR-SIN RETURN with Qatar in August. I'm currently booked Standard Class but have been wondering whether it would be worthwhile upgrading to Business class. I've heard fantastic stories of the service in both business and 1st, but standard has been somewhat mixed.

If I travel prior to yourself I'll post my verdict of the trip.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Airways

Have been with Qatar Airlines Manchester to Singapore (Rtn) GREAT aitline. Flying with them again later this year....Manchester - Singapore - KL - Manchester.

Standard class is much better then normal. Great food, free drinks - lots of films to watch on your personal headrest screen. Unless you are 6' 6" tall, the leg room is fine.

Business class is a step up. Much cheaper than other airlines but costs less.

You will be changing in Doha - don't expect anything too fancy.

The airport terminal is simple, clean and safe. Renovated last year for the Asia games it is part of a new airport due to open in the next couple of years. Think the present terminal will the service local flights.

Toilets - there are newer/better toilets on the upper floor - over towards Costa Coffee. Down stairs toilets are a bit too cramped/crowded.

There are a couple of ATMs but no bank (as of last January). Prices for duty free are very good.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Airways

We flew Qatar and enjoyed the experience...the change at Doha is easy to navigate...transit passengers are quickly divided from the arriving ones and there is a little to do whilst waiting. The cabin crew were attentive and from all corners of the world so nice & friendly. Would definately fly them again.

5. Re: Qatar Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 31, 2009