We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family hotel

perth australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
family hotel

looking for info for a good family hotel in singapore reasonably priced either with family rooms/suites or interconnecting rooms,with breakfast include for a 5 day stay

Solihull
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family hotel

Hi Muz123

Not sure what you mean by "reasonably priced", what sort of price range are you looking at?

We were thoroughly satisfied with the "Kid's room" package at Swissotel Merchant Court. It was 2 full size bedrooms & bathrooms, accessed by a single front door. One was decorated completely to suit young kids, one was for adults. Total charge for both rooms was SGD300+ per night incl full buffet breakfast. Given the location (right over an MRT station, with Clarke Quay out front and a big new shopping mall just opening outside the front door) and the good pool, we would strongly recommend it as a family option.

Mind you if your kids are old they would probably object to the kids decorated room. Ours were 11 and 8.

John

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family hotel

Who did you book Swissotel through? Sounds like a good deal... Thank you

Solihull
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family hotel

Worcesterwoman

I had to get this direct from the swissotel Merchant Court website, and it took a bit of digging to find it. As I recall, there's more than one way to get to the reservations section on their website. One offers the Kids room special, one doesn't. I think you have to go in via the "offers and promotions" option

Since the price seemed (and was!) so good, ultimately I finalised the reservation direct by email to swissotel merchant court. They always responded quickly and efficiently. That way I had their confirmation email with all the details of the Kids Room special, in my hand, when I arrived at the hotel.

Happy hunting, any further questions don't hesitate to email me.

John

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family hotel

Thanks John, will try the website. Our children are exactly the same age as yours were (11 and 8), so sounds like a good option.

What did they enjoy most in Singapore? Were you there as part of a wider trip, or just to Singapore?

Any advice very welcome,

Thank you

Louise

Solihull
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family hotel

Louise

I'll contact you direct via TA with further details.

I posted my "Just Back Report" about our family activities in Singapore, yesterday.

It was quite long, but no longer than others I've seen.

For some reason it disappeared from the Forums during the day, after generating 3 or 4 responses. It I don't know why, but I'm a bit disappointed as it's my first proper contribution, and it doesn't inspire me to bother writing JBR's for the other stages of our holiday, at Langkawi and at Bangkok.

Anyway I will still contribute to posts that I can.

regards

John

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family hotel

The trip report is alive and well...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k116…

Thank you for posting it!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: family hotel

Hi,

I'll second stayathomedad's recommendation.......we stayed at the Merchant Court last July in 2 connecting rooms. I'm sure tthe set up was the same (1 front door leading into 2 separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) minus the decorations as our kids are a bit older (12 and 7). I booked the rooms through asiabesthotel.com @S$300/night including ALL taxes and breakfast.

Kids will love the pool!

Cheers

Solihull
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family hotel

Fish

Thanks for the link, this all seems very strange. Sometimes I can my JBR on the Singapore forum, sometimes not? Specifically, just before writing these words I looked at the forum without opening a new browser - and I couldn't see it listed.

Then I opened a separate browser window, went to TA and entered "Singapore" then selected Forums. And I can see the JBR.

It's all a mystery to me. I'll do my JBR for Langkawi and Bangkok soon!

Regards

John

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family hotel

i hope this list can help decide on a hotel :

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8205-Singapore…

good luck

10. Re: family hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 30, 2009