We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Singapore

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
October in Singapore

We are arriving in Singapore on 10th of October for 5 nights staying at Marina Mandarin, what will weather be like, I suppose I really mean will it be raining all the time? Is this time off-season or is ther such a time here? I have looked up weather sites but none have been very helpful, I know its always hot but will it be uncomfortable, I am very fairskinned and blonde(well mostly grey now!) and I suppose high factor sunscreen is a must, will it be very expensive and toiletries in general?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Singapore

Toiletries in singapore are generally sold at a good price. But if you are allergic to certain cream or compound use in making the, better for U to get from doctor prescription at home country.

U can check here for weather:

app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/category_sub.asp…

October is nice But Singapore is humid anytime of the year.

Cheers ^__^

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Singapore

Hi hobbi

My first ever trip to Singapore was in September (three years ago) and, when I was there, the weather was very warm (32 degrees or thereabouts). Rained a bit in the afternoons but tropical, bathwater-hot rain. When I first arrived I felt as if I was walking in a steamroom and I confess it took a couple of days to get acclimatised. I am fair-skinned and I took Factor 30 with me, which seemed to work OK. You can easily pick sunscreen up there but I have allergies to some brands and thought it better to take my own. You'll have a wonderful time. Singapore is great all year 'round (in my humble opinion). If you mean 'off season' in terms of things closing down after the summer, I don't think you'll find that.

Ari

3. Re: October in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 30, 2009