We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling for 5 days

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling for 5 days

Hello everyone

I am coming to singapore this wednesday i.e 27th September. I have not taken any package for visiting singapore. What will be the best option for visiting places like night safari/universal/singapore city etc. Should i go every places via MRT and purchase ticket individually or is there any package available

10 replies to this topic
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling for 5 days

Hi Prashant,

Packages are not useful as the city is tiny and you can explore yourself by taking tickets. MRT/Taxi are very convenient and you can buy entry tickets at the place. If you have a handy in your hotel (a free mobile with sim given by the hotel), you can buy tickets in that and save few $$. Everything is really near by and public transport is efficient. City is safe for family and kids too . Go explore on your own!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling for 5 days

PrashantSapra, hi and welcome to Singapore forums1

It`s easy-breezy- beautiful and totally recommended to do SIN in DIY basis, it gives you a flexibility with plans, sense of self-dependence and saves money. Top Questions links on the top of this page are great help and starting point for your itinerary planning together with

yoursingapore.com

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294262-Activiti…

http://gothere.sg/maps

In Top question about Singapore (right top side of your screen) you`ll find a fair number of travel articles: visa, transport, sightseeing, weather, accommodation option that give you tips and hits how to plan your vacation. Itinerary samples of the previous travelers are there too.......

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling for 5 days

I am staying at apartment, I read about Singapore City pass any ideas about the same?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling for 5 days

<<am staying at apartment,>>

Is it an airbnb rental?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling for 5 days

yes

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling for 5 days

Congrats. You are so lucky that you decided to register TA account.

FYI: all Airbnb rentals and similar listings are Illegal in Singapore. Please cancel your reservation and book a legal accommodation: hotel, hostel or Serv Apt.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,840 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling for 5 days

We have placed several warning topics about illegal private rentals via Airbnb in our forums Top Questions section. If you are in the full Tripadvisor website not the limited APP scroll up and look at the top right-hand side of this forum page. Click to show all the Top Questions. click on the heading "WARNING - Airbnb and Tripadvisor Private Rentals" and there are a few topics to read.

8. Re: Travelling for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:55 am, December 21, 2017

Montrose, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling for 5 days

Hi Prashant

If you want to see more of the culture and community of Singapore I would also recommend an MRT visit to Chinatown and Kampong Glam. Both areas have many boutique stores and little cafes to visit also.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,664 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Kampong Glam
Kampong Glam
374 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
799 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling for 5 days

>>Should i go every places via MRT and purchase ticket individually or is there any package available<<

Apart from Zoo/River Safari/Night Safari and Bird Park, most of the other major attractions are easily reachable by MRT plus some walking. My personal preference is always to purchase tickets on the spot to retain some flexibility in my Free & Easy itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Night Safari
Night Safari
10,405 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Reply to: Travelling for 5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted