We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Me and my girlfriend are visiting Singapore next month and we want to know how much spending money we need? Flights and accommodation are already paid for so we just need to pay for food and for attractions. Is 2000 enough for the both of us? It equates to 142 each per day.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
17 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Should be plenty unless you really push the boat out in the evening or only do very expensive attractions.

If you know what places you plan to visit you can total how much that lot cost you and then start layering on basic meal costs, transport, additional fluids during the day etc and work out how much you project to spend. if its below the budget set then all is good -take the budget and enjoy not having to think about it so much.

Singapore
Level Contributor
799 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Perhaps you can also share with us your planned itinerary and we can roughly guage if the money set aside is enough? But in any case, going by usual standards, $100 per day per person will be enough for quite a comfortable trip.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

You should be fine with that so long as you don't want a big night on the quays, where the entry price is an arm and leg 😂

We're just back today lots of hawker places to eat and a really nice well priced food court at the Shoppes at MBS I could have stayed all day nibbling. Ask at your hotel for booking trips you may get a discount, ours at Swissotel Merchant Court gave us a Handy to use, plenty of promo, discounts and free phone calls. Enjoy the place is fabulous!

Mentioned in this post
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
The Shoppes at Marina...
1,867 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Swissotel Merchant Court...
5,614 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

We plan on mainly eating in the hawkers and food stands. Maybe the odd meal out here and there. As far as attractions we're thinking the usual eg gardens by the bay, universal etc. I think we will likely book universal before we go.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Dont book Universal unless it is a completely free pass in terms of the days you can go. If you fix a date and get a thunderstorm that day you lose. Also if you end up doing a two day trip to Sentosa with one of USS and the other as the rest of Sentosa that is paid for attractions you might do better with a combo Fun Pass which you cannot do if you have bought the USS ticket already.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Ah okay thanks for the heads up. Is it worth waiting until we get there for universal and seeing what discounts our hotel can get us?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Your hotel wont get any better discount than one of the local agents or the online places that run discount tickets. Go direct and cut the middle man. There are several threads on discount tickets, check them for the big players.

Personally I rarely use the third parties because I need to check if they are authorised for each attraction if I dont know already and I have to make detours to get the tickets or buy the day before and I much prefer flexibility in case of weather, illness or whim.

Bundle tickets can save a bucket of cash but they must be assessed carefully to see if the attrractions i the bundle can be done in time and that they are ones you want to do but there are some I routintely use...WRS Parkhoppers, Sentosa Fun Passes and so on.

Are you by any chance flyig woth Singapore Airlines, or a member of their Krisflyer program?

Edited: 4:30 pm, September 19, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Thanks for all the information. We're flying with Emirates.

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Perhaps something like this is worth getting? https:/…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,911 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?

Oh, if you were flying Singapore Airlines you get to keep your Boarding Pass stub from your flight and show it at certain attractions and get a discount which can be maybe 10-15%. It's called their Boarding Pass Privileges Scheme. Unfortunately Emirates doesn't have a similar scheme,

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Reply to: Is 2000 Singapore dollars enough for 7 days?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted