We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

Toronto
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

There are five of us (4 adults + 1 child) in our party and I am wondering what's the best way to get to and from the airport during our visit? Don't think one taxi cab will fit us all.

I've looked up the link on airport shuttle bus info below but it mentioned only four designated pick-up points: Concorde Hotel, Mandarin Hotel, Excelsior Hotel and Marina Mandarin. Which one is the closest to Raffles The Plaza and how far is it?

visitsingapore.com/publish/stbportal/en/home…

Thanks.

Melbourne
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

I would take 2 taxis. The cost for the taxi will not be more than SGD20 each. Taxis are easy to get at Changi Airport, just follow the signs to the taxi queue.

The 4 hotels listed in the airport shuttle are not really that close to Raffles the Plaza. And with the cheap and efficient taxis in Singapore, I would do that.

You could look into using the train, the MRT, from the airport to the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

Hi,

You can get the shuttle bus to bring you direct to the hotel from the airport, but there are designated pick-up points from certain hotels if you are to travel from the hotel to the airport. And good news for you! Your hotel is one of the designated pick-up points:

changiairport.com/changiweb/export/sites/cha…

Upon your arrival, proceed to one of the Airport Shuttle counters in the Arrival Hall, tell them the hotel you're staying at and then pay for your fare in cash. You'll be just fine. ;-P

singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

Hello,

The most convenient will be to take 2 taxis where you can fit in some luggage too and travel with comfortand save time. It will cost around $ 18 to $ 20

Good luck

Toronto
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

Thanks to all the replies.

5. Re: Airport-Hotel (Raffles The Plaza) Transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 28, 2009