We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic

Hi, my wife was wondering is there any shopping tours on Sentosa island or around Singapore.

Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
23,387 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Not a lot of shops on Sentosa, only cafes, fast food places and restaurants, and maybe some souvenir places for T-Shirts etc within Resorts World Sentosa/Universal Studios.

What sort of shopping is your wife interested in? There are about 20 malls along Orchard Road, and other malls scattered around the city, plus interesting shopping areas in Chinatown, Little India, Bugis and Kampong Glam areas. Its easy to get around Singapore so I haven't heard of any organised shopping tours.

Here is a link to Orchard Road Shopping-

The tourism website also has a good section on shopping-

Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,649 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Hello Dave C,

As far as I know, shopping tours are conducted for locals especially around Chinese New Year period to places like wholesale markets and such. There is no such tours for tourists as Singapore is small and malls are very convenient to get to.

As in your case, staying in Sentosa, you can take the Sentosa Express (FOC ) from Sentosa to Vivocity to shop. And on the way back again you do not need to pay to get back on the Sentosa Express as you will be given passes for the duration of your stay on Sentosa.

My $0.02.

3. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 10, 2015