We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W hotel or Hard rock?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
W hotel or Hard rock?

I would first like to thank everyone for all the information on Tripadvisor, it is a great help when I am planning my holiday.

I want to stay on Sentosa for 3nights, I would prefer to stay at W Hotel but I am a bit concerned about its location and getting transportation, I want to go to USS and other sentosa attractions. Would I be better staying at Hard rock hotel?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,087 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

<<want to go to USS and other sentosa attractions. >>

To tell the truth you do not NEED to stay ion Sentosa to visit the island sights. Sentosa is perfectly connected with the rest of the city and lots of people ( including me) prefer ALWAYS to stay ion the city center that gives you:

transport proximity

easy access to / from airport

wider cheaper accommodation choice

shopping and nightlife ( if interested)

better food/ drink options

access to wide selection of city center sights

etc

etc

Mentioned in this post
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

Hard Rock is much easier to get around as you have gathered. Also Resort world have a promotion now that gives free tickets to USS, the Aquarium and Adventure cove for 2 or more night stay. It's walking distance to the monorail for free connection to ViVo city mall and the MRT network. So thats about $225 saving on tickets. Staying at the W hotel means you have to take the Shuttle bus ( every 30min??) to the Sentosa cove welcome centre. I will be staying for 3 nights again at the Hard Rock in December and 4 nights at the Fairmont.

Mentioned in this post
Vivo City
Vivo City
1,228 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

Would also recommend the Hard Rock Hotel for the location and facilities.

4. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 11, 2014
;