We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D/3N vacation itinerary

5 posts
Save Topic
4D/3N vacation itinerary

my family and i are planning to go to singapore feb 2007. we're a coupl with 2 kids, a 4 yr-old and a 1 1/2 yr-old. we have our eyes on these attractions: -underwaterworld, singapore zoo, night safari, dolphin lagoon and chinatown. we plan to go to this country not much for the shopping, but more on these sightseeing adventures and food. however, i don't exactly know how to plan our itinerary. we are currently based here in shenzhen, and we plan to take a plane from HK. i need to know where to stay and how to go to the attractions i mentioned. i also need some info/suggestions on the scheduling. we are pratical travellers who do not want to spend much on hi-end hotels, but we don't mind paying for a decent and comfortable accommodation. can anyone help me plan please

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

hi there,

There are quite a few nice comfortable hotels in SIN but if u dont have a price range, it will be hard to help you with suitable hotels so my assumption is based on the budget of S$175 and less, with all taxes and service charges, most includes breakfasts too (btw, this is for this year's price, u may have to follow up on next year's changes) :

1) Novotel Clark Quay (this hotel is along the river and is across the street from Merchant Court)

2) Swissotel Merchant Court (by the time u arrive, most of the noisy construction should be over so shouldnt be a problem, this hotel really caters well to families, with good buffets, right at the door step is an MRT station and walking distance to Chinatown, across from Clark Quay)

3) Rendezvous (in town along Orchard, u can walk to an MRT).

4) City BayView

5) Allson

6) Carlton

7) Grand Plaza ParkRoyal (not as convenient but only a short walk)

8) Orchard Parade Hotel (right at the beginning of Orchard Road, quieter side of town, short walk to Orchard MRT and junction of Scotts/Orchard Road)

9) Holiday Inn Park View (only a little over S$175 but location is superb and is a nice hotel, for such a cental location, it is amazing it is not as crowded or as noisy)

10) Royal Plaza on Scotts (another good location, on Scotts Road)

Good Luck, below is a website that should answer all your question and their suggested itinerary is pretty good:

visitsingapore.com/publish/…index.html

SIN is a lot more convenient and easier to travel around without the language barrier than Shenzhen. So it doesnt really matter too much which part of town u r in. The MRT is very fast and efficient, cleaner than HK's MTR.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

Hi Bachoichoi

There are direct flight from Shenzhen Bao An Airport to Singapore Budget Terminal with TigerAirways, U can check this website for more detail:

www.tigerairways.com

If U are coming to Singapore In Feb 2007, U might like to take note of this The Public holiday that fall in Feb (Chinese Lunar new year):

Chinese New Year

Sunday** - 18 February 2007

Monday - 19 February 2007

** The following Tuesday, 20 Feb 2007, will be a public holiday. No Worries about Attraction in Singapore...All will still be open for visitor.

Cheers.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

thanks for your invaluable info de last one and me only :-) i agree with you, it's much easier to go around SIN than here in shenzhen... most people here do not speak in english! although they've been having this "speak english,speak shenzhen drive"...

yes me only, i know of tiger airways' route from SIN to shenzhen.... but there's no Shenzhen-SIN route as of yet... well, 2007 is still several months from now... maybe by then tiger airways would have arranged Shenzhen-SIN flights already. i'm keeping my fingers crossed :-)

i've been there in SIN about a decade ago. i assume there'd been a lot of changes. SIN was our stop from indonesia before going to manila. but i don't remember a thing about the travel arrangements we had before, since they we're taken care of by my friend. besides, i was still single then, so it'd be different now because i have to consider our two children.

anyways, thanks again for your insights

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

No worries....

For most itinerary, I would suggest U search under parkhopper, a Forum visitor who have just visit Singapore in Early Apr 2006.

That could be a good example.

As with Direct Flight, beside Tigerairways, Shandong Airline also have flight to SG but the hour are rather ungodly ^___^.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

Hi there Bachoichoi,

"... i know of tiger airways' route from SIN to shenzhen.... but there's no Shenzhen-SIN route as of yet... well, 2007 is still several months from now... maybe by then tiger airways would have arranged Shenzhen-SIN flights already. i'm keeping my fingers crossed ..."

I'm a little confused. Is it not possible to book Shenzhen-SIN-Shenzhen flights with Tiger Airways your end? Coz I just went online to test it and they actually allowed me to do it. Strange ...

I know SIA used to fly to Shenzhen as well but not sure if they've taken that route out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

hi bachoichoi,

I used to live in HK and only after I had left that all these budget airlines came about so I am not a 100% of the schedules but I know there are direct flights from Macau to SIN and vice versa. I think this is Tiger Air service ?

Have things changed that much in Shen Zhen or it is still possible for u to get the ferry to Macau ? And the helicopter service is not longer available ? If these are available, u may want to see if it is more economical way to travel, afterall, u have to take the ferry to HK International anyways so why not Macau ?

Good Luck

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

Now at work. Just checked SIA has transferred their Shenzhen - Singapore route to Silkair (their regional subsidiary). Check out at www.silkair.com to see if they offer any special deals? Did a ficticious booking .... costs about CNY2400 (S$485) per adult.

And yup ... Tiger Airways has a daily flight from Macau to Singapore as well.

Too bad De - you miss all these great budget deals! ;)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

lol checks, dont rub it in as it is, my neighbor's son just went off to SIN for the beginning of his round the world (again !) trip for his graduation gift from his parents. He had booked a ticket to Phuket on Tiger and we were all just talking about how cheap it is nowadays (my neighobors and their kids lived there for 5 years) to travel within the region. Afer I quit, I will take 2 months off, make a base in SIN and make good use of these fares ! Believe me, I am constantly bugging my spouse to get an expat deal to move to Asia lol !

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

checks, u working on a Sat ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4D/3N vacation itinerary

Unfortunately yes. It's my turn today ... darn! Wish my roster had read next Sat, so I won't have to come in coz it's the General Election here.

But anyways I'm happy! Coz I finally get to VOTE! Yeah! First time I'm walking into a poll station. Unbelievable right?