We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

Hi! I have always got such good advice from this forum so here goes another question. My husband, I and are 2 girls are booked to stay in The Sentosa Resort from 28th June - 1st July 2012. I primary reason for staying on the island is universal studios and the other kid friendly activities there. My question is, what would be the best and most efficient way to get to UnivStud from our hotel (least walking cuz we are with kids). Also what would be the best and quickest way of getting to Vivocity from our hotel?

Thank you!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,949 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

amk76,

1/ first of all you van easily proceed with the previously started topic and ask your question there, as the query is conected with ONE travel.

2/ anyway.............. to get to Vivo city - use Sentosa monorail- Sentosa Express

, it will fetch you directly to the mall

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

3/ to get to USS - the best and quickest would be walk 15 min ( 1 km) .

4/ other transport around Sentosa, please check

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

thank you! sorry for starting another topic!

15 min walk to USS.....we are already coming from a hot country so a walk in the warm weather doesn't sound too tempting with 2 kids! :) would the bus service take us there?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

Load up the website for an idea of how to get about.

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Download the Transport map from there.

From the Resort, you probably want to bus it on the yellow bus to RWS or there may be a closer stop.

For Vivocity, the beach tram and then the Monorail I think is the best combination, if you can drop onto the beach easily from the Resort. If not then again its bus to the nearest monorail station and over.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

Thank you!

About airport transfer, the hotel is charging 80S$ one way which is quite pricey. What would be the charges if we just took a taxi from the airport? Also should we book the taxi in advance or is it fairly easy to get one appropriate for our family (2 adults + 2 kids + 3 suitcases) ?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

One taxi might be a squeeze with that many cases, depends how big they are. If you do fit in there it would be around 20-25SGD plus peak surcharges and ERP gantry charges.

If you cannot fit or you are worried about that, then you could take a maxi cab, by going to the Ground Transport Desk at arrivals and organising it.

changiairport.com/getting-around/…taxis

Cost for a 7 seater is 50SGD one way (or hop in two taxis....)

As I understand it, the ground transport desk can arrange a pickup to return you to the airport at that stage.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,949 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

Airport To City

Taxis are available at the taxi stands at the Arrival levels of each Terminal. The journey to the city is estimated to cost between $18.00 and $38.00 and takes approximately 30 minutes. Fares are metered and there is additional airport surcharge for all trips originating from the airport.

$5 airport surcharge - 5.00pm to 12.00am (Fridays to Sundays)

$3 airport surcharge - all other times

Midnight surcharge of 50% of final metered fare - 12.00am to 6.00am (daily)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

take the sentosa shuttle buses to travel around the island including USS

take the monorail to & fro Vivocity & Sentosa

8. Re: Getting around Sentosa and to Vivocity.....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 pm, June 20, 2013