We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

My 17yo and I will staying on sentosa island for 2 nights. Is Hard Rock or Festive the better option. Also, what attraction would you recommend for us to visit? Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

If you are interested to know more about Singapore history and development, you can consider 'Images of Singapore'.

If you have not seen 'Song of the Sea' yet, it could be quite a nice 1st time experience with song & dance, laser, flame burst and fireworks.

Of course, if you are looking at more action-packed, there's always activities like The Luge, Wave House, Universal Studio etc.

If you intend to visit Universal Studio, it will be wise to purchase the tickets in advance as it is frequently sold out at counter.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,366 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

1/ <<Song of the Sea' >> is totally boring, uninspiring and stupid show - waste of time and money - catering towards 2-3 y/o ( even about that i have doubts).

2/ for full list of sentosa attractions and things to do check these sites

rwsentosa.com/language/…Tickets

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Adelaide
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

Sentosa is a lot of fun & so much happening. I am sure your 17 year old will love the Luge & the tiger sky tower...plus also the megazip. The Songs of the Sea is a great laser show...but very much targeted to kids with the over acting & basic story line...so that one is up to you. My husband & I loved Universal Studios we were like big kids...recommend checking out that one.

We also really enjoyed Fort Siloso which is how Singapore defending itself in world war II...great views out to sea from the point.

Have fun...everything really easy to get to.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

Festive is geared more for young family, whereas Hard Rock is more for young people (they have a great pool and the bathroom is quite cool)!

Sentosa is best enjoyed taking it slow and admiring the tropical lush landscape. Lots of beachgoers on weekends...

There is an amara spa resort if you are interested. Go check out the Sentosa website. The island is in a construction frenzy mode and new attractions are always popping out every few months

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

Thank you to everyone who replied to my questions. We will do Universal Studios. I was wondering whether to pre book tickets to Universal...it sounds like the way to go. Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

yes if you're sure which days to go down to Universal, it's definitely wise to pre-book it. also, great to see you're spending two full days in Sentosa, gives you alot of time to really enjoy the attractions and not rush yourself. (: personal must-gos aside from Universal includes underwater world, the luge, the crane dance, and ilLido @sentosa golf club for beautiful Italian cuisine. the beaches are good to check out too as well.

aside from sentosa, it's also worth travelling out to mainland Sg as well (just 5-10mins away with the train ride) and visit the more local areas (haji lane is a favourite, as is duxton hill and fort canning park!!)

7. Re: 2 full days in Sentosa- suggestions please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 07, 2012