We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Sentosa to SP City Centre

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Sentosa to SP City Centre

Hi All,

I might be staying on Sentosa Island for 3 nights during a Singapore/Malaysia holiday. Now, I'm not that worried about getting to Sentosa from the airport because after a long flight, and with quite some luggage, a taxi will probably the best option.

But, my main concern is how easy (or not) it is to get from Sentosa Resort and Spa to SP City Centre?

Is it easy to go into SP City Centre for some shopping?

Is it easy to get back to the island after a night out?

How long would the journey take with the fastest option (and what is the fastest option)?

How long would the journey take with the cheapest option (and what is the cheapest option)?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards

Greg

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Sentosa to SP City Centre

Its not too difficult, but you will need to make sure what you need to take to reduce the island entry charges and have that to hand - reservation slip for first access - not sure after that with the Sentosa Express in place - I think they give you a pass that works on the Express for your stay but Im not 100%.

Taxis will go off and on pretty much anytime so are probably the most convenient but also the most expensive....probably about 15SGD to the city centre if memory serves me correctly

You can take the MRT to and from Harbourfront to the city centre and then bus or Sentosa Express to the island. Buses on the island until about 11pm, 12.30 on Friday and Saturdays. The same applies to the bus onto the island. THe Sentosa Express runs till midnight. On an EZlink card that will be a few dollars plus whatever they charge you to get on and off the island.

2. Re: Getting from Sentosa to SP City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 19, 2009