We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining at Raffles

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dining at Raffles

I suppose many people just want to eat or drink at Raffles. I would like to have a 40th birthday dinner there. I know there are a number of restaurants in Raffles so, any recommendations?

What about price? Presumably being a famous hotel, it's expensive?

Your thoughts, as ever, are most welcome.

Friggett

singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining at Raffles

Hmmm.. well.. I'll have not tried much of their food besides high tea at Tiffin, the partries frm Ah Teng's, drinks at Long Bar and their mooncakes. I am not too sure about the rest but what I tried was good. I especially love their Champagne Truffle Snowskin Mooncake, for Mooncake Festival which is only available mid/late Aug - mid Sept.

They hav a couple of mid price eateries and more of the high ends restuarants, depending on wad u'r looking at. Have u read up on the F&B outlets in Raffles? …raffles.com/z912/restaurant_07.html

Alternatively, I suggest the many eateries and restaurants along Purvis St and Seah St, just next to Raffles, which is definitely worth checking out. You can find lotsa good food there =) For more hip dinning places u can check out http://www.asiacuisine.com.sg

Level Contributor
2,294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining at Raffles

Eating at Raffles is really not all that expensive. We have eaten in the Grill Room which was very nice, steaks, lamb, fish etc,and we have eaten in the Tiffin Room at night which is an Indian Buffet very reasonable prices and great quality. It is not over the top so just dress casual.

Scotland
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining at Raffles

i ate in the court yard - a 'fish' themed reasturant last year. Beautiful setting beautiful food and surprisingly a very cheap price tag for the wonderful food. No more expensive to a good meal in the UK.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining at Raffles

We enjoyed the buffet lunch, from memory the Tiffin Room. The quality and choice of this lunch was outstanding....the cheese platters, hot and cold dishes, salads, desserts, alot of wonderful food....and very good value.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining at Raffles

Raffles Grill has a fantastic multiple course degustation menu going for about S$150/head. it is pure gourmet bliss.

Bar and Billard Room has an excellent buffet spread comprising very high quality ingredients - local food, seafood and very nice desserts. Last I recall, it was about S$70-80/head.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining at Raffles

For something memorable and unique, try Doc Cheng's which serves Chinese Fusion using herbs from China and the region.

It is in the shopping arcade of the hotel on level 2 facing Seah Street.

7. Re: Dining at Raffles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 08, 2009