We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maximum length of stay

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Maximum length of stay

Our Foreign Office and Singapore officials (we spoke to them on the phone) state the maximum visit is 30 days for visitors from the UK. However we like to spend 6 weeks in Singapore. We love the country for our winter holiday.

When we last came in 2012 we filled in our arrival cards showing our departure date and without any question were given entry for 90 days!

We want to come again in 2014. So are we going to be able to stay in the country for 6 weeks.

If we can't, how long do we need to leave Singapore to be allowed another stay of 30 days?

We want to sort this out before coming so we can make the correct booking of our hotel in Singapore.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maximum length of stay

HeatSeekerWrexham_UK, hi

<<singapore officials (we spoke to them on the phone) state the maximum visit is 30 days for visitors from the UK>>

If you spoke directly to http://www.ica.gov.sg/ - indeed they gave you the correct and 100% legit answer. Sure, you can leave SIN, say to KUL., and be back in a day or so to get the next 30 days entry.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maximum length of stay

You normally get a 30 day visa on arrival but if you put down on the landing card you want to stay foe 6 weeks, you most likely get a 90 day stamp.

Otherwise, you can extend you visa to 90 days whilst in Singapore online or in person at the Visitors Services center. Or you can get another 30 days by leaving the country and returning again ( even if it is within a few hours - bus to Johor and back).

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maximum length of stay

I have just checked the stamp in my passport and I have been given a 90 day stamp :)

http://tinyurl.com/mdo2m4t

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maximum length of stay

Thanks for all the advice.

Special thanks to Mankster for checking his passport and confirming like us he has been given a 90 day stamp, although the regulations say this doesn't happen :)

If the worst happens, we could head for KL or somewhere in Malaysia for a few days, better if we can extend our permission while in Singapore, but we can hope we get a 90 day stamp without problems.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,663 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maximum length of stay

I've not noticed anything on the ICA regs that say specifically they cannot issue the 90day pass up front - just that 30 days is the standard and unless you have a reason thats what they give. I was requesting 90days passes at Changi 20 years ago when visiting my parents for summer holidays, and know people who have done that at various stages over the intervening years and there's current searchable documents on the ICA site listing 14, 30 and 90 days as the visit pass options (there is precious little information on the visit pass thats easily searchable on the ICA website compared to visa info).

Its not the standard option, but I wasn't aware of them having removed it as a possiblity for the officials to authorise.

Really I think that you should be fine on this, its not new in my experience - if you for some reason only get the 30 day one initially then you can extend online, or in person....

Edited: 12:57 pm, December 19, 2013
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maximum length of stay

hello, i have an EU passport (french) and all my singapore stamps say 90 days

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maximum length of stay

I've just checked my Australian passport and I was given 90 days on my Visit Pass stamp when I was there in September.

Just checked my other stamps for Singapore and they all say 90 days.

Edited: 5:00 pm, December 19, 2013
Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maximum length of stay

This is great news.

We should get in for 6 weeks without problems. Looks like the trip is on.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate everybody taking time to check their passports to find out what entry stamp they had.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maximum length of stay

Happy planning ... and you`re very welcome!

10. Re: Maximum length of stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 23, 2014