I am meeting my mother in law (aged 72 - fairly agile but can't walk for hours) in Singapore for a three days and trying to plan some sightseeing but need some advice :
1. Would we be better off booking a guided Singapore City Tour which covers the Civic District, Chinatown, Thian Hock Keng Temple and handicraft centre, Marina Bay - Merlion stop, National Orchid Garden and Little India. Hotel Pick up and drop off. 4 hours - about AU$35.00 or should we get a Hop On Hop Off bus pass for around AU$25.00that's valid for 24 hours with no guide/information and just go around ourselves?
2. Sentosa Island. I have found a half day Sentosa Island tour which includes a hotel pick up, Cable Car from Mt Faber to the Island, Underwater world via dolphin lagoon, Images of Singapore, Songs of the Sea show and coach return to hotel. 7 hours AU$62.00. Is this worthwhile or would it be better to just get there ourselves and do/see each activity ? Are there any other activities not included in the tour that should not be missed?
3. Gardens by the Bay - is it worth going early in the morning before the heat or later in the afternoon to stay for the Light Show ?
4. Where are the best markets (not food) - Bugis Street or China Town and when is the best time of day/night to go (ie less crowded).
5. Where is the best place to see Singapore at night (skyline views). Any suggestions for a night river cruise.
Anything else that should be seen? All suggestions and advice would be appreciated. Thanks