We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardens by the Bay, confused

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Gardens by the Bay, confused

Not sure exactly which attractions one should visit and what type of ticket to buy. Have looked at their website and would like to know if it is necessary to book in advance. What kind of ticket should we purchase, any tips on the destination will be appreciated. Thanks.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

The Garden themselves and the light show are free and non ticketed. The 2 domes and the Skywalk require tickets. There are all 3 well worth buying tickets for as first time visitors. For subsequent visits you mat just want to see the tickets. There can be queues at the ticket booths at week ends late mornings to early afternoons.

Best tip I can give is to go first thing in the morning when its quietest and relavtivly cool, and get the paid attractions out of the way before tackling the gardens. Return in the evening for the light show.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,928 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

Hello,

When I went recently I just bought a ticket to one of the Domes (Cloud Forest Dome) as I wasn't interested in the other one. Because I flew on Singapore Airlines I presented my Boarding Pass and was given a discount on the entry price.

Lots of other free areas to explore (though it can get rather hot wandering around). Visiting in the early evening is pleasant.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

I visited mid afternoon and it was not very busy at all. I didn't do the Skywalk, but it depends on the weather as to whether it operates (storms, heavy rain etc), so if you do decide to buy your tickets in advance, wait and buy the Skywalk tickets on the day.

Edited: 8:39 pm, October 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

Buy at the Gate......No need advance booking.

U might like to compare pricing from Attractions own site with this package that are been offer; to see they U can save some $$$ (Since am sure U will visit either 2 of this :D)

asiatravel.com/en-US/…garden_by_the_bay.html

Cheers

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

Thanks for the replies.

When it is suggested I buy my tickets at the venue, do you mean for any of the attractions at Gardens by the Bay?

Think we'd liketo explore the gardens in half a day, which venues are best?

Definitely interested in the night show, what is the best area to be in for the show? What time should we bet there?

Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,928 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

Hello again,

Lots of information on the Gardens by the Bay website:-

www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

hello, for the ocbc skyway you may want to by them on the venue as it can be temporarily closed due to bad weather.

8. Re: Gardens by the Bay, confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 14, 2014