We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

Goulburn, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

Have a 3 night stopover in Singapore, which includes discounts on many attractions which i hope to take advantage of. No cost difference to me for either the Miramar or the new Ramada.

Can anyone please tell me which is easier to get around from? ie is one more central to attractions than other, and is there a hop on hop off bus near these?

thank you!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

Ramada for sure, 16, Ah Hood Road Singapore 329982.

Goulburn, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

you`re very welcome;

Ramada is close to MRT Noven ( 13 min walk) a, and for the convenience of hotel guests, the hotel adjoins a two-level retail mall consisting of eateries, shops and a supermarket.

Goulburn, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

do you happen to know if hop on hop off bus goes near here?

thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

SIA hop on? Or different??? I have a feeling you are on SIA stopover package, right?????

Goulburn, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

If SIA means singapore airlines stopover package then yes.

Is the SIA hop on different to the "regular"hop on? Are any hop ons near.?

I suppose I can always catch a train to city & catch hop on from there anyway, but would be nice if close to hotel.

thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

SIA hop on map route is here:

http://www.siahopon.com/bus-route/map-route/

perth
Level Contributor
65 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

We recently stayed at the Miramar and were quite happy with our stay although the bed was the hardest I have ever slept on. It is about a 10minute walk from Chinatown MRT. Which was fine during the day but not very well lit at night. I wouldn't walk it by myself in the evenings or if it was raining. It only cost $3 for a taxi back to the hotel from Chinatown, so wasn't a problem. There is a hop on hop off bus stop outside. The concierge was very helpful giving directions and has the bus timetables as well. The hotel also runs shuttles to Chinatown and Orchard road for a small fee but this information isn't given upon checkin. I only knew about it thanks to the lovely people on this forum.

Hope that helps.

9. Re: Solo traveller- Miramar or Ramada Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 19, 2014