We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

I am an Australian returning to Australia from Bangkok, travelling through Singapore. My flight lands in Singapore 23.30 and the connecting flight leaves 22.25 the next day. ( approx 23hrs later) Am I able to leave the airport and see parts of Singapore? or do I need a transit visa.. Australians normally do not require a visa for stays less than 90 days, but this is a connecting flight.

Have there been any other Aussies who have done this trip... I am using Scoot airlines

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,819 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

1/ << Am I able to leave the airport and see parts of Singapore? or do I need a transit visa..>>

Oz passport holder do not require a visa to enter SIN.

2/ <<Have there been any other Aussies who have done this trip... >>

Probably not only Aussies, but some other 100 nations of the world...............

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

hello, as you are an Australian you can leave the airport during your transit without a visa. Actually if you are flying with Scoot and did not purchase "Scoot-Thru" you will have to clear immigration anyway to collect your baggage and chek-in for your next flight.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

For practical purposes there are no Transit visas. You either need a visa to enter Singapore ( go through immigration) or you don't ( get a free social visit pass for up to 30 days at immigration). Australians and various other national do not need a visa. It matters not if your next flight is in 2 hours or 2 weeks, the process is the same and immigration make no differentiation.

As Huow mentioned, unless you purchased Scoot thru you have to go through immigration to check in at the Scoot counter landside for your next flight.

Edited: 9:37 am, March 15, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

Thanks guys for your informative replies .. I just wanted to make sure..

Thanks again

5. Re: Thailand to Brisbane via Singapore -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2014