We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore 12 hour layover

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Singapore 12 hour layover

Hi I am a British passport holder travelling with my six year old son. We have a 12 hour layover in Singapore and want to leave the airport to meet up with a friend in the city for a whistlestop tour and some great food!

Do I need a transit visa or something similar? I asked the airline (singapore) who said I would need a transit visa available from my consulate??? Sounds a bit unlikely... any advice welcomed please as we travel quite soon!

It's really hard to find the info online!

Many thanks

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore 12 hour layover

Erm, no the airline didnt really check that hard - you are a British Passport holder so you can enter Singapore without any pre-arranged paperwork. You fill in the landing card on the plane and get a tourist stamp in your passport when you go to immigration.

THe info is listed here

www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=95&secid=94

if you follow the link to Visa Requirements you will find the list of countries that need one and the UK is not on it...so you simply get the Visit Pass stamp.

Edited: 11:53 am, February 19, 2013
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore 12 hour layover

hello, if both of you are british passport holders then you don't need a visa. Just check your passport validity dates.

The immigration officer may - randomly - ask you to show your air tickets.

3. Re: Singapore 12 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 21, 2014