We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to spend in Sinapore

Melbourne
Level Contributor
277 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to spend in Sinapore

Hi I am looking at staying in Singapore in Jan 2014 with my family which is myself , husband and two sons aged 17 and 20 a part of my husbands 50th Birthday. I have fourteen days not sure wether to do seven in another place such as Phuket or Kota Kinabalu and seven in Singapore. In Singapore we want to stay on Sentosa for a few days then ending at Marina Sands for my husbands 50th . Or should we spend the whole two weeks in Singapore. We have done Phuket and Kota Kinabalu before.

Any advice would be appreciated

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to spend in Sinapore

As you have already been you will know that Puket and Kota Kinabalu are very different types of places compared to the city state of Singapore. If you are keen to have another aspect to you Singapre holiday, then splitting your time between 2 places is fine. If you have not been to Singapore before, I suggest 9 days in Singapore and 5 in one of the other 2 places.

London, United...
Level Contributor
799 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to spend in Sinapore

Hi,

my advice would be to think carefully about how you see yourselves spending each of your days.

Personally we enjoy long periods in Singapore – by coincidence we also have 14 days next January stretching over CNY – and we have just returned and are also back in August – but the issue is what will your two sons do? If you are “foodies” and if they are not too easily bored then it's easy to get into a sort of rhythm over 14 days when you might get up – go for a walk (eg Botanic Gardens), somewhere for lunch, afternoon doze and then out again in the evening – interspersed with your trips to the touristy things like Sentosa. We have been visiting up to 4 times a year and this is basically how we fill our time.

You don't need to base yourself in Sentosa as transport is so easy and very cheap and for an extended stay you'll need to get to grips with it anyway – and everywhere is close to everywhere else.

For that length of stay I suggest you look closely at some of the hotel loyalty schemes. For example, the Intercontinental Hotel has the Ambassador programme where for an annual fee you'll get an upgrade at the hotel that will save you much more than the fee. You will also get a free night cert. At the IC they also have a Club Lounge where they have snacks and food and a haven of peace and quiet during the day … and also a happy hour each evening for two hours where you'll be served snacks and wine and beer and cocktails … and for a family that can be a real addition as alcohol is prohibitively expensive in Singapore.

If you flesh out more your interests and how you see spending your days I think you can get more tailored suggestions.

Enjoy your stay.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,359 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to spend in Sinapore

!4 nights in SIN is a LOVELY span of time to spend..............you`ll never get bored GUARANTEED. SIN has so much to offer for a mere visitor, and many of us who return to ther destination year after year find it still dazzling , interesting and forever new...............

check this link

yoursingapore.com

4. Re: How much time to spend in Sinapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 12, 2014