We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is The Wife Right?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
248 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Is The Wife Right?

She's been reading online articles about fitting in and personal security. Is personal security an issue in Sin? i grew up in NYC so have a natural sense of security.

Also, I have a fairly expensive camera, Nikon 700 with an equally expensive lens. should I not carry it and just my mobile phone camera? Which would be a damn shame.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Hi,

Singapore is one of the safest place on earth, if not the safest. You should have no worries on that score. Our police motto is "Low Crime Is Not No Crime". So practice normal safety precautions when you are here as when you are at home. ;-)

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Here you can read this

tripadvisor.com.sg/…42589906

And other threads on the topic by just typing Is Singapore Safe in the search box above.

Edited: 7:06 pm, December 26, 2012
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is The Wife Right?

"Low Crime doesn't mean No Crime" motto tells a lot about Singapore; it is extremely safe day and night. Use common sense and you'll experience one of the most safest city you would ever visit.

No issue carrying your camera, just take care of your belongings in crowed areas.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,463 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Hello,

Bring discreet and watchful of your belongings is the way to go. Similar to anywhere else.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
248 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is The Wife Right?

My wife is always right! That is why I am so so happy

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,014 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Anywhere in the world - in your travel keep your eyes open and do not let your inner guard down. BUT... SIN is definitely the last place to worry about carrying a camera on the street.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is The Wife Right?

No worries about carrying your camera around. At night you will probably see a lot of local photographers out and about trying to get great shots of the river and surrounds!

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Not to worry. Photography is a popular hobby and you'd see plenty of locals lugging around DSLRs taking shots, complete with tripods!

Edited: 1:14 am, December 27, 2012
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is The Wife Right?

Denverbri69, Singapore would be close to the safest city on earth. It's one of the few places on the planet where a tourist can let their guard down just a bit. You and your camera will be safe as long as you practice a few normal precautions. Growing up in NYC you're over qualified for what you will find there.

BTW, I see you married Mrs Right. So did I!. But like you I didn't realize at the time her first name was Always! ;-))

Mentioned in this post
10. Re: Is The Wife Right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 29, 2013