We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help please

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brum
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary help please

Hi,

My wife and I will be visiting Singapore for the first time in a couple of weeks and are so excited. We have a few queries if you could please help us with.

We will be landing in Singapore on Thurs 20th Dec at 3pm. My hotel will be Tristar 81. I will be staying in SGP until Sun 23rd Dec, when I will be going to KL for 4 days. After receiving helpful responses previously, I have decided to go to KL via coach service, rather than flying out.

We will then return to SGP from KL on Thurs 27th - this time flying in, as people suggested coach may be very busy with people returning to SGP from KL. We will land at 1.15pm. We will stay one more night in SGP in Value Hotel Thomson, before flying out to HK on 28th.

The sights in Singapore we wanted to see are:

Singapore Flyer

Bumboat river cruise

Marina Bay

China town

Arab street

Little india

Night safari

Orchard road

sentosa island

chinese and japanese gardens

singapore cable car

singapore zoo

asian civilisation museum

tiger sky tower

Could you please help us with the following:

1) Recommend the cheapest options to get to the Hotel from Airport and to the Airport to the Hotel (rough prices and rough time it would take)

2) Would it be possible for us to see the sights we have identified. We would ideally like to do the cable cart, Zoo, Night safari, River Cruise and Flyer at the least, and the other things to squeeze in if possible. How would it be best to see as many sights as possible? Bunch them in geographical areas and do those together?

Thank you for your help in advance.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking for a lot.

Thanks once again,

Nazar

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,689 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help please

1) Well the cheapest method is the MRT to Paya Lebar and then walk the half kilometer to the hotel but after an intercontinental flight and with luggage this is likely to be a terrible option - but it would only cost a couple of dollars per person.

A taxi will likely take about 15-20minutes from the airport and cost 15-20SGD. The airport shuttle will be 9SGD per person but take longer as they organise a route and loadout.

2) You really need to spend some time on Googlemaps to get an idea of where things are in relation to each other.

You have one evening, 2 full days and the early part of the day you go to KL, plus a bit of another day. You have about 5-7 days listed depending on how much time you spend at certain locations.

On your priority points - there really is little point doing the cable car unless you intend to spend time on Sentosa (which can fill 2-3days on its own with all the options there, which include the Tiger Sky Tower). The Zoo is a full day, the Night Safari is a full evening - don't do them on the same day despite the fact they sit next to each other unless you absolutely must - its too long a day, its hard work, its a lot of animals and going to the Night Safari tired out is an easy way to wreck it.

The River Cruise and Flyer are in the same area - the Marina - so they pair well. The Asian Civilisation Museum is also on the river, and Chinatown isnt far away.

Really you need to pare down your preferences to two full days plus bits.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help please

You could do the Marina Bay on the 20th. The Singapore Flyer and river cruise are in this same area. You may also have some time to check out Gardens by the Bay, just behind the Marina Bay Sands complex.

For the 2 full days that you have, agree with myrm above. Zoo requires full day and you could spend another full day exploring the ethnic quarters - Arab Street, Chinatown and Little India.

You can visit Sentosa on the 27th. Enough for cable car, Sky tower and walking/sightseeing .

You need to transfer on buses to get to Hotel 81 Tristar and Value Hotel Thomson. The location of both hotels are not close to an MRT station. Please use www.gothere.sg to find your way around Singapore through public transport.

brum
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help please

Thank you ever so much for your responses.

If we were to take MRT to Paya Lebar, how much do you think a taxi from there to the hotel would cost?

Thanks once again.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help please

Hi,

The taxi fare should be about $4-$4.50.

taxisingapore.com/external/…

5. Re: Itinerary help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013