We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate for information

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate for information

I am travelling to Singapore for a meeting at UWCSEA (east campus) on Monday and am desperately trying to locate a hotel within easy travelling distance. Having never been to Singapore before I have no idea where to start! Please help :))

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperate for information

Hi Kantbe,

There's no hotel or accommodation in that area, but the nearest hotel is Capri hotel next to Changi City Point at Expo station http://www.capribyfraser.com/properties , it only takes you 15 min cab ride.

Hope that hope!

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperate for information

Hi Kantbe,

You may want to try a hostel instead of hotel.

http://oneflorenceclose.com/comfort.html

It is about 5.5km from the campus.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desperate for information

singapore is a compact city... any hotel in town will get u there in about 20 min., plus u will be closer to attractions... if not u can check also grand mercure roxy near east coast or if budget permits crowne plaza hotel at the airport..

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,447 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desperate for information

singapore is a compact city...Location is of no matter, the budget is. Please tell us your allowance for room/ night??????

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Desperate for information

Singapore is a compact city............................................. location needn't be the biggest problem, but without a budget it is impossible to help or make suggestions.

Alan.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

(Albert Einstein)

Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desperate for information

Sorry I forgot to include the budget! Would like to stay under or as close to $200 per night if possible but can stretch to $250 if need be.

Thank you for the ideas so far :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,670 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desperate for information

If you are planning on getting there by MRT to Tampinese, The I would stay anywhere on the Green East West Line.

The VHotel Lavender is on top of Lavender MRT and well within your budget. Also 2 stops from the centre of town so thats a bonus.

Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desperate for information

Thank you! Will email them now!

9. Re: Desperate for information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 16, 2013