We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore with kids

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
774 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
singapore with kids

hi

we will traveling to singapore with two 5 year old kids in mid march.

on the first day we will be transiting but the time between our flights is 12 hrs. (6 am to 6pm)

need advice on how we can utilize the time.

we will returning to singapore and will be staying for 3 days( saturday, sunday and monday) . during this time we would like visit sentosa (1 day). can we do every thing in one day or do we need more? the other places zoo, cable car, marina bay, botanical garden.....

am i cramping in too much?

any advice would be great

thanks

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singapore with kids

Hi,

Zoo and Sentosa will be too much in one day, Do you wanna to rush and see stuff? I forsee that 5 year olds would like the zoo (esp the water play area) and can easily spend the whole day there.

You could do Botanics and Jacob Ballas (kids' Botanic Gardens) and Marina Bay area in one day though.

I think it also depends on what your kids like??? They might also like the Science Centre...

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: singapore with kids

Your kid will like bird park here, it's not far from center, about 30 minutes driving. I'm with above post that you don't rush You need one day to visit Sentosa and Marina bay. You should come to marina bay in the night which you can see the "water music" show.

Cheers,

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
774 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: singapore with kids

thanks jade_du and TravelSense-A...

we plan to keep one whole day for sentosa, is it very crowded on weekends, should we keep it for monday????

the rest would be kept for the other 2 days.

how is the bird park in singapore different from that in langkawi? which is better? also with regards to the underwater world which is better, the one in langkawi or the one in singapore?

we would be coming to singapore after 3 days in langkawi.

thanks again

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singapore with kids

Hi,

I would say keep Sentosa for Monday.

I haven't been to the Bird Park or Underwarer World in Langkawi so I can't compare that as well.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,721 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singapore with kids

I have been to both the underwater/aquarium in Langkawi and Singapore.

Th one in Singapore is better.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
774 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: singapore with kids

Thanks jade_du

will keep sentosa for monday. but we also have our return flight at 9 pm on the same day. and since we are staying at marine crescent, what time should we leave sentosa so that we can pick up our things (at marine crescent) and reach the airport on time. also would the time be ok to see most of the attraction ???

i have absolutely no idea about the traffic conditions.

ps. we will probably be using public transport.

thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
774 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: singapore with kids

thanks PrestonTravel...

will skip the aquarium in langkawi

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: singapore with kids

On Day 0, the day you will be taking another flight, I suggest you to deposit your luggage at the Airport and take an cab to the Zoo. Should take about 40 minutes. You reach at 6am, out by 7 am. luggage deposit by say 8 am and reach Zoo by 10 am. You can do the Zoo upto 2 pm and then go back to the airport.

Another alternative would be head to Little India, have some Indian food, go around Clake Quay and Marina Bay sands. You can also visit Sands Skypark at MBS.(though it looks better in evenings) .

You can certainly use 12 hours, which you have on airport in a very productive way.

On you last day, I would suggest you to keep it for shopping and other things, but NOT for Universal Studios/ Sentosa.

9. Re: singapore with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, June 05, 2013