We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
"Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

Hello Everyone I am off to Singapore soon (without the kiddies - 1st time) and would love to bring the kids back some nice clothes and maybe a WII. Can anyone recommend some good kids clothes and shoe shops ages 1 & 4 (girls) and also the cost of a WII and were to purchase...

Thank you

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

Hi,

Clothes - head for Paragon Shopping Centre - there is a level just for kids. A good brand is Chateau de Sable. Reasonable prices as well. Don't think you have this brand in Australia.

In Paragon Shopping Centre, there is a departmental shop called Metro. You can also find childnren's clothes there.

Another Shopping Centre is Forum, which is also on Orchard Road.

Mothercare has good quality clothes - the fabric is not bad.

Then, there is also Tanglin Mall. There are clothese there and there is also a shoe shoe quite popular with the expats. I don't know the price range of the shoes though.

There is another place, quit epopular with locals, called Kiddy Palace. Only thing is, I don't find their quality good. You can feel it in the fabric.

Good Luck.

I can't help about the WII, but there have been posts on that in the forum, so you should be able to get some info from the search engine.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

Do not go to Lucky Plaza in Orchard Rd for a Wii, they will only rip you off. No matter what! Don't even step inside as they will suck you into a hole of cheap prices with expensive rip off add ons and suckers.

Go to Funan the IT mall for any electronics. Trustworthy, offer international guarantees (on some products at least) and you'll probably end up paying the same price at the end of the day

I only wish I knew of this forum and got this advice BEFORE I got sucked in : (

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

For all electronics products, it is best to have in mind precisely what you want to buy first, then checkout the prices at fixed price places like Harvey Norman, Best or Courts (these stores are found in many major shopping centres) where the prices are typically the recommended retail price (sometimes with some discounts, plus gifts) - then you can proceed to the smaller shops where prices are negotiable. This way, you will not get "rip off". Note that prices at Harvey Norman, Best, Courts are competitive, goods have warranty etc so you should consider buying there to save you all the hassle of shopping around. Funan centre, recommended by jth39 is also a very good place to shop AFTER you have established the base price of the item u want to buy. Hope this helps!

Perth
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

Thank you everyone for your responses - very helpful, whilst will miss kiddies am looking forward to my trip and shopping...

5. Re: "Guilty Feeling " Mum Looking for Presents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 25, 2009