We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad Airlines

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad Airlines

Hi,

has anyone flown Etihad airlines Brisbane to Singapore?

Just after feedback from anyone who has.

Wendy

Queensland...
Level Contributor
462 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad Airlines

I will be in about three weeks. Would like to hear from anyone who already has also.

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad Airlines

My husband is flying with Etihad Brisbane to Singapore next week. I'll post about his experience in a few weeks.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad Airlines

Thanks Cat,

Hope to hear how it went before we go on the 12th. If not I will just have to experience it myself.

Wendy

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad Airlines

My husband flies to Singapore on 5 November so I'll see if I can get his thoughts before you leave.

He initially thought it was a budget carrier because of the cheap airfare (he got the companion fare for $990).

My friend is a flight attendant with Emirates (based in Dubai) and has heard good things about Etihad.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad Airlines

Thanks Cat,

yeah definately not budget. We got the cheapie fare as well thats the only reason we decided to go away now as we had already been away in June.

The planes on their web page look quite good. I like the little area they have installed behind the back of the seat to raise your feet and relax

Wendy

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad Airlines

What a funny coincidence Wendy. I was in Singapore at the end of June and am returning there in two weeks for a wedding.

I'm flying with SIA.

It's a good thing that Singapore is one of my favourite destinations.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad Airlines

Hi Wendy

not flown that route but flew with Etihad from London to bangkok, very good experience, seat back tvs, good menu and leg room good.

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad Airlines

Hubby arrived in Singapore last night (flying Etihad from Brisbane 12.40pm flight).

He said the aircraft was great.

Service was friendly with drinks served every hour.

Food was excellent.

The only problem was the entertaiment system. His companion's didn't work. Hubby's screen/system crashed 2 hours before arriving in Singapore. This wasn't too bad because the flight wasn't full so they each had 3 seats to themselves. They just used the spare entertainment system.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad Airlines

Thanks Robbie and Cat. Glad to see the drinks came around!! Good also to hear there was plenty of room. hope our entertainment systems work on Monday.

Wendy

10. Re: Etihad Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 13, 2009