We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go, what to do?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
where to go, what to do?

hi there

i'm thinking of booking flights from hong kong to the philippenes for 5-7 days in july.

after researching flights it seems Clark is too far away from beaches and a 'chilled out' alternative to hong kong...so ive found a flight direct to mactan-cebu.

googling mactan comes up with some lovely white sand, tranquil beaches, just what i'm looking for!

with this in mind, where would anyone suggest I stay- area as opposed hotels, or is it best to stay one night here, one night there? or have a base in one place and do day trips? i'm really looking for laid back beach life for a few days, a bit snorkelling, as well as lovely food and trips to do a little sightseeing too!

please help me! thanks :)

Philippines
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: where to go, what to do?

Cebu Pacific has HKG to Kalibo (closer to Boracay for the Beach).

or HKG to Cebu (side trip to Bohol)

Happy trip!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: where to go, what to do?

Ahh thanks for this, fab news on the shopping mall- I shall definitely be visiting there!

Thanks for the link for the boats too and all the other info, very useful :)

13. Re: where to go, what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 10, 2014