We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Miami
5 posts
Save Topic
I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi

I am coming to Cebu...Oct. 7th

I am looking for a small place to rent with air conditioning and high speed internet...nothing else is needed.

Anyone out there with a place? :)

P.S. If possible, I would like a place on the beach...

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hello Kiaro

If you mean the beach in Cebu City - There is none!

The whole of the Cebu City waterfront is taken up with shipping and industry.

Getting out of the city to find a place by the beach means you will have lower rent but are less likely to have fast internet.

In Cebu City, on Corner of C. Rosal Street and Tojong Street is an apartment block. Don't know about now but last year, a studio apartment was about P9,000 per month empty or about P10,000 per month, fully furnished. You would have to arrange your own internet through PLDT or Globe. I previously was part of a business on the corner opposite the apartment. We had PLDT DSL internet. It was 756 down and 256 up. So, DSL internet is definitely available in that part of the city.

There are plenty of other places to choose from around the city but fast interenet can be a hit and miss thing.

I hope this helps.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

cebu
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi!

This is Minnie of Filinvest Land.

I can recomend you buying a condo unit at Mactan Island. It has hi-class aminities with its own beach of the subdivision, Seascape.

For more info regarding the unit you can reach me at +639263170143

Thank you!

Minnie

DCB
Cebu Island...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi Kiaro,

Beaches are only on Mactan island which is part of greater Cebu.

Internet is not the fastes but acceptable.

Housing situation changes daily and the best bet is to look around when you get here.

I suggest you stay for a week or two in the HEIDELBERG Restaurant/Pension (about 800 Peso/night with motorbike rental to explore the area fast and cheap), located on Mactan island. This is a place where many of the local expatriates hang out and you can get all the inside information quickly, including on how to handle any long stay visa questions(tricky for the uninitiated).

It is best to call and reserve early as October is the start of the 'high season' and rooms are scarce. Reservation requires a 100% non-refundable deposit which you can send via WESTERN UNION.

Telephone is (63)+32+340-1829, ask for Dieter (US) or his wife Elly.

E-mail: dc_bucher@yahoo.com

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi Jim,

I am looking for the same thing, a small apartment from 8 July this year. thanks for the info. Who does one go and see to find apartments in cebu. Agencies, newspaper ads?

thanks, Art

DCB
Cebu Island...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

I replied that the best way is to come and stay at the HEIDELBERG Restaurant/Pension (800 peso/night), located near the Old Mactan Bridge, (63+32+430-1829) and rent a bike and explore the area.

Advertising is really not done here in Cebu.

People place FOR RENT signs outside the available units so one has to go up and down ther streets and then call the posted numbers.

NY
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi Kiaro,

Try to check with Richmond Hotel. I heard they have a place like what you are looking. It is located in the uptown area.

The beach is about 12kms from the city and im not sure if the area has a high speed internet connection.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi Jim,

I am looking for the same thing, a small apartment from 8 July this year. thanks for the info. Who does one go and see to find apartments in cebu. Agencies, newspaper ads?

thanks, Art

------------------------------

Hello Art

Sorry, I just noticed your message today.

I suppose you are already in Cebu City so i don't know how helpful my reply will be.

My recommendation is to stay in an apartment style hotel while you are looking for a place at the right price. Yes, ads in newspapers are a good place to start, I also know a couple of real estate websites.

One of the best ways to find a house is to take a few hours and drive around in a taxi.

Danny Noy is the most reliable taxi driver I know. His standard rate for house hunting is P250 per hour. You can find his details here:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=41

Some suggestions for places to stay while you are looking are:

http://www.sarrosa-hotel.com/

richmondhotelcebu.com/condo/contact.html

http://www.in-cebu.com/metropark/

A suggested place to look at for permanent accommodation is Maryville Condominiums Cnr of Gorordo and C. Rosal Street

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/images/2006…

No need to worry about driving on the wrong side of the road. It is less than 10 minutes walk to Ayala Mall and has taxis going past all hours of night and day.

A couple of real estate agents:

http://www.garcesrealestate.com/

http://www.islandsproperties.com/

I hope this helps

Regards; Jim Sibbick

DCB
Cebu Island...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hey Kiaro,

a lot of rubbish is being posted as answer to your request.

High-Speed Internet is at best 650K down, 250up load.

12 kilometer to the beach means close to 2 hours due to traffic.

Ayala vcinity for ther EXPENSIVE studios is also 1 hour from the beach.

Look only at Mactan island if you want beach vicinity.

HEIDELBERG Pension near the Old mactan bridge is 7 minutes from the airport and 10 minutews from the beach.

As EXPATRIATE hangout, a dood source.

PS: we have a small plce for rent at 5,000 Peso/month

So come on by and rebt a room at 800 peso and do your scouting

Dieter n Elly

HEIDELBERG

Compostela
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

Hi Kiaro.

Waterview is a new beach resort in Compostela abt. 20 km north of Cebu City. Opening for a business will be abt. the time you arrive Cebu. We offer cheap new up to date standard, deluxe and studio rooms. Sizes 20 up to 40 sqm. We offer a special dicount to long term staying visitors.

We are creating a new homepage this days, with some reading already.

Pls check www.waterviewcebu.com

Inquieries to agudmunds@waterviewcebu.com

Have a nice trip,

Alfred

cebu
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom to rent in Cebu...

hi kiaro:

try: http://sdrapartments.com they have fully furnished modern apartments with high speed internet . the price is approx. USD550 per month 10 minutes from beaches/ diving and 5 mins from airport, golf, yacht club, marina mall etc.

if that doesn't work, i suggest that you check in to SDR or Days In for a few nights and look around the island.

best, dave