We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Cebu

singapore
Level Contributor
746 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Cebu

Hi

We plan to visit Cebu in December for 7 days and will be staying at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu.

Is December a good time to visit Cebu.

We don't swim, so I think snorkeling is out for my itinerary.

Any advise on what we can do would be appreciated.

I read that the Crown Regency is near to a shopping mall. Can someone advise on the name if the mall pls.

Thank you.

Sandy

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to Cebu

Get the corner rooms in Crowne. Loves them.

Also agree that 7 days in Cebu is too much. Thatis if you stay in the city. But if you like malls then Ayala is a nice place to hang out. At least you have open spaces...

Spend some time in Bohol. Lots of things to do.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,678 posts
2,085 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to Cebu

@ Keg ...haha.

From memory you go past the lechon place to get to Robinsons or is that further down?

Tommo

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time to Cebu

December is a busy time in Cebu City. Weather wise it will be cool by Filipino standards but you may still be using the aircon in the hotel if you are not used to tropical weather.

There are 3 Crown Regeny Hotels in Metro Cebu. Make sure you are very clear with the taxi driver that it is the one near the circle (Fuente Osmena)

The nearby Robinson's Mall is about the 3rd biggest mall in Cebu City. If you want some more interesting malls. Try Ayala Mall which has several levels of indoor and outdoor dining choices on it's Terraces or the bigger SM Mall which is currently the 18th biggest mall in the world. It has an Imax theatre for watching the latest block buster movies on the huge screen. It also has a huge food court on the bottom level and a huge kids entertainment area on the bottom level which includes among other rides; bump cars (dodgem cars), mini carousel and a train ride which travels the length of the bottom level of the mall.

For things to do

Your Crown regency hotel has the Sky Experience Adventure.

http://www.skyexperienceadventure.com/

Otherwise, this is my list of things to do that I have previously posted

- If you will not already be spending time on Bohol, you can see the main sights in a day tour from Cebu City. You can catch a fast ferry to Bohol in the morning and come back in the evening. The 2go (formerly Supercat) website

http://supercat.ph/

is still showing a day trip package of P2850 per person which includes boat trip, terminal fees, entrance fees, lunch cruise on the Loboc River and guided tour of all the sights in a coach.

- Go for a day trip to Kawasan falls

- Go for a day trip to Oslob to swim with the whale sharks

- Pay to use th facilities of a beach resort on Mactan island for the day.

- Go shopping in a mall or spend some time hunting for bargains in the Downtown markets

- Do a day tour of the sights of Metro Cebu which includes the Top which as a lookout over looking Cebu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City and Mactan island. And on a clear day, the islands of Bohol and Leyte. You can also visit the Taoist temple in Beverly Hills in Cebu City. Plus the downtown sites such as Fort San Pedro, which is the original site of Spanish occupation in the Philippines, the historic Carbon markets, the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. The Magellan's Cross, planted by Ferdinand Magellan in 1521, just before he popped over to Mactan island and was killed by lapu lapu. The adjacent Sto Nino Basilica. Originally built in 1565 but burned down twice. The current building is from the 18th century. The Casa Gorordo which is the home of the first Filipino Bishop. Set up as it might have been in the 19th Century. You could also pop over to Mactan island and tour a guitar factory or visit the Magellan and Lapu Lapu shrine.

- Picnic for the day at one of the water resorts of Villa Terisita or Tubod flowing waters. Both have multiple swimming pools and waterslides.

- On Saturday's, you can go for a run/walk with expats from the Cebu Hash House Harriers.

http://cebuhash.org/

- On Wednesdays, you can go ten Pin Bowling with expats at the Gaisino Country Mall bowling center.

Mentioned in this post
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Talisay City
Talisay City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time to Cebu

@ Tommo: The last time I was there the lechon place (Apurado Restaurant) was not there anymore, I think it was replaced by another resto.

singapore
Level Contributor
746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First time to Cebu

Hi All

Thank you for all the information and recommendations on what to do in Cebu.

I plan to stay a week at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, Osmena Boulevard because I will be doing an exchange thru Interval International.

Crown Regency Hotel has 2 locations, one is Cebu City (Osmena Boulevard) or Mactan. Which one would you recommend.

Thanks & regards

Sandy

Mentioned in this post
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,678 posts
2,085 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First time to Cebu

Interval International also have a property at Boracay called Fairways Resort.

I personally would prefer Cebu City Crown Regency as its in a better location but must admit I was a little dissapointed in tthe Cebu City 2 Bedroom Apartments.

Tommo

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First time to Cebu

Actually Crown Regency has 3 hotels in Cebu but the best is the Crown Regency Towers along Fuente Osmena. If you love adrenalin filled activities then on the top floor of Crown Regency Towers there is what is called Sky Experience Adventure --> http://www.skyexperienceadventure.com/

18. Re: First time to Cebu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 03, 2014