We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

We are going to rent the car with Driver for Manila, Cebu and Bohol City? because we are travel with 2 young kids under 5 yo. so, How much it should be a reason price to pay to Car rental Company a day or 8 hours travel trip in or out of the city tour? And if Excluding Gas, Fees and Driver Meals? How much I should give Driver for his meals and How much Tip to give him at the end of the service? Any recommendation for us would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

PS, travelling time is 5-14 February 2013. All hotels and Air ticket all been booked.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

hi -see individual forum threads for recommendations ,car rent is usually around 2500 -3000 per day

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,768 posts
1,974 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

For Cebu City and environs, TA member tommomelbourne recommends Danny Noy's group of taxis. There are previous posts on TA re this.

For Manila and Luzon generally, I can recommend TA member touristdriver. Send TD a private email through the TripAdvisor private messaging system.

A typical charge for rental of a near new car is P2700. On top of that are driver's wages (I would pay P2000 a day but you may get him to agree to less, but remember, his family has to eat too!), petrol could be P1000 depending on how far you drive while meals would be minimal. Tipping is at your discretion but try to be generous if the driver is good.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

car rental usually includes fuel and wages 2000 a day wages?

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

so about php 2000 for a car + php 2000 for a driver wages + php 1000 petro and plus tip...that would be php 5000-6000 a day ?! Am I right..? Seem a bit much but please correct me? Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

I would advice you to contact the driver directly for the charges.

Do a search in the forum to look for recommendations and remember to do comparisons.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

there isnt any city called bohol -its tagbiliran city -u can rent whole van for 3000 peso incl fuel and driver for countryside tour

Edited: 9:48 am, November 20, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

Thanks I am going to do that ...Now I am doing my research as much as I could. In Bohol seem like Travel Buddy is the one for us. Manila shouldn't be hard to find but I would like to get the safe one and better to do comparisons as you recommended. :)

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

PM sent regarding driver/tour guide/car for Cebu

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,768 posts
1,974 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

Phoebe, no it doesn't end up to be as expensive as P5000 a day. I made a mistake: while the rental would be say P2500 - P2700 a day, the driver's wage (for touristdriver) is say P1000 while petrol might be P500 a day. The small cost of a driver's meal is additional, as is accommodation.

Certainly there may be cheaper available but a couple of the internet sites for this kind of rent a car with driver service are even more expensive. I am very happy with touristdriver so I see little need to change.

Edited: 5:13 am, January 30, 2013
10. Re: Car rental with Driver in Manila, Cebu and Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:37 pm, January 30, 2013