We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Saint Denis, Parigi
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Hello everybody,

We're heling to Malapascua during Easter WE and wondering how much could it cost a private taxi to Maya if we just try to get it and haggle at the airport. Anyone did it recently? Does anyone knows a reliable driver with taxi that we could keep in touch from Manila?

Thanks! Any lead much appreciated,

Francesca

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

My guess is 3,000 pesos at least since he may have to return empty for much of the way.

If you wish to travel more cheaply, go to Cebu City's North Bus terminal and find a Ceres Liner or other bus to Maya.

I have done it: it's pleasant when teh air rushes into the bus with windows down as the driver motors along at 60 kilometres an hour. The seats have limited legroom. fares are very cheap: perhaps P150 one way Cebu City to Maya. Frequency is excellent: either every hour or half hour. Travel through Cebu City's suburbs can be annoyingly slow.

Edited: 8:23 am, April 01, 2012
Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

We had our hotel organise a private taxi for us - it's a much faster ride if you're happy to pay the extra (Victorianlad is right - it's about 3000P) - however it's fast cause the drivers are pretty crazy - dodging the other cars around corners and all (we were fine with it - they know what they're doing!).

Sorry I can't help with driver details - best to get the hotel to do it for you - they will be reliable so they can get return work.

Enjoy malapascua- it's gorgeous :)

Saint Denis, Parigi
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Thank you for your replies (even if late). As we have young children we decided to arrange it with our hotel and it was very expensive! Still I think the best way to reach Malapascua.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,419 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

This link may help you with a recommended driver in Cebu:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294261-i4630-k…

If you use the search facility and type in his name you will find many recommendations of him. I used him on my last trip and I was very happy.

Tommo

Malapascua Island...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

It's 1600 for a taxi and 2300 for a minibus from anywhere in Cebu.

I have numbers too if you need them. If you haven't paid already then it's still cancel-able.

Malapascua Island...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Oh, just to add. You'll need to get from Maya to Malapascua. The public boat is P80 each and if you're at Maya before 3pm it will be available. Otherwise it'll be P1500 for the whole boat (double approaching and after dark). If you get the whole boat (called a special trip) you can ask to be taken direct to your resort rather than landing in Barrio (public boat dock) and having to make your way from there.

Vilnius
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Do you have contacts of such driver taking 1600 PHP from Mactam to Maya pier?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

I would also like that number of the private transfer for only 1600 PHP.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation Mactan-Malapascua

Me too!

A L
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor