We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

Philippines
8 posts
Save Topic
Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

It seems that my plan of a Leyte-Bohol Roro crossing is shaky as per the replies on my previous postings. I would be happy to get as much info and suggestions on my options of a Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing instead. Shorter crossing time and frequency of trips would be the main factors. Isabel-Danao? Hilongos-Cebu? Baybay-Cebu? Have been reading a lot from the internet but most are not up-to-date. Ormoc-Cebu, I guess has a Roro for sure but I like other options to choose from. Please include schedules if any. Thanks, people!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

No Leyte-Bohol RoRo.

The only way to get to Bohol from Leyte is thru Cebu. You can try Ormoc-Cebu then Cebu-Tagbilaran.

Meron din Tacloban-Cebu pero 4 hours. From Ormoc, it's 1 hour.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,540 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

Hello BikePacker

You can definitely travel Isabel to Danao with a van. My ex father in law has taken his furniture delivery truck on that route several times. Unfortunately, I am not sure how long the trip takes. My best guess would be about 3 hours.

I have been on one of the many ferries from Ormoc City to Cebu City. They all travel at different speeds but expect about 6 hours. The supercat, which you can't put your van on, only takes 2 hours.

I have been on a ferry from Isabel to Cebu City. It is about 5 1/2 hours.

http://www.sulpiciolines.com has the Cagayan Princess which you should be able to put your van on. It travels from Palompon to Cebu City every Monday night. Sunday, Wednesday and Friday nights, it travels to Cebu City from Naval on Biliran, although you may not be interested in travelling from Naval unless you went down to Southern Leyte and back up again. Which certainly is an option. From Tacloban City, travel down the east coast of Leyte then up the west coast of Leyte until you get to Biliran. Biliran is joined to Leyte by a bridge and Biliran is a tourist destination I highly recommend. If you want info on Biliran, I have a video of that too.

There used to be a RORO ferry from Palompon to Bogo, Cebu. It was only about 90 minutes and was used by the bus travelling from Manila to Cebu City. I am not 100% sure but I believe that same RORO ferry now travels from Isabel to Bogo.

I hope you find something useful in this post.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

hmmmm, it seems we have to stretch our time if we consider exploring Biliran.

have you any info about the frequency and schedules of the Isabel-Danao Roro? i think it is our best option at the meantime.

thanks a lot, jim!

Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

thanks a lot, marlet!

yes, i fear the crossing to bohol would be thru cebu. have you any info of the skeds of the Isabel-Danao roro crossing?

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,540 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

Hello BikePacker

BikePacker wrote:

hmmmm, it seems we have to stretch our time if we consider exploring Biliran.

have you any info about the frequency and schedules of the Isabel-Danao Roro? i think it is our best option at the meantime.

thanks a lot, jim!

---------------

Spoke to my ex father in law today. He says Ferry is once a day only. It departs Danao at 7am going to Isabel and departs Isabel at 1.30pm going back to Danao.

Best guess for the cost of a car, one way, is P2,000. In January, he paid P7,000 all up to take the delivery truck empty to Danao and bring it back to Isabel with my furniture.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

thank you very very much, jim, for the sked info. a really big help on our visayan tour itinerary planning.

best regards,

-boyet (bikepacker)

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,540 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

Hello Boyet

I discovered yesterday that I had a picture of The Cagayan Princess docked in Cebu and added it to my website. It is the ship that sails from Naval to Cebu City.

You can see it here:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/images/tran…

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

Ro-ro routes are Batangas-Calapan/ Roxas-Caticlan/ Dumaguete-Caapitan/ Iloilo-Bacolod. Got this info from www.gov.ph and you can click on the schedule for roro.

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

If you need some place to stay in Biliran check out www.agtabeach.com

regards,

Darren

Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Leyte-Cebu Roro crossing

thanks again, jim!