We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is reasonable ?

CA
2 posts
Save Topic
How much is reasonable ?

How much do you guys think is reasonable for 2nights and 3 days with airfare ? Is it better to get a package or just to buy an airplane ticket and stay at strawhutt for $31 a day ? How much is airfare ? It's for two adults and kids 2 and 6. If I'm understanding it right its around $300 for airfare from manila for all four of us and $93 for 3 days hotel. $393 compare to $162 per person on a package. Don't know if kids are full price ? Any suggestion ? Thanks in advance.....

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is reasonable ?

air fare is around 6,000 pesos per adult, 10% for the 2 year old and 50% for the 6 year old. However there is a promo fare available at the moment if you can leave manila very early - i think it is 5:45am but the return from Caticlan is a more realistic 12:45 (mid-day).

i would definitely recommend booking it yourself.

Also Dave's is a great low budget place.

CA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is reasonable ?

Where do I go to take advantage of the promo. Thanks

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is reasonable ?

You need to contact Asian Spirit direct - in Manila the phone number is +63 (0)2 851 8888.

Or perhaps your hotel of choice can arrange - mine did (Boracay Hills). Have fun

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is reasonable ?

you can search online for available package tour... Asian Spirit can be a low price it will drop you in Caticlan but heard from my friend is noisy. I always ride PAL although it will drop you at Kalibo and you need to ride a Bus which around 1 1/2 hours going to the boat station of Caticlan. You may check the site travelsmart.com or www.pal.com and look for their palakbayan package.. About the package it depends on what kind of hotel or cottage you'd like there are hotels offer nice place though i guess it will cost you $300 ++. But if cottages i guess it will cost you around $120++.. Also if you're going there during Holy Week (march 24 to 25) its quite crowded and you need to book asap.. Well its summer already booking sometimes can be hard if you're groups.

Vancouver,BC
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is reasonable ?

I would recommend a straight flight to Catiklan rather than Kalibo where you have to travel another 1.5 hrs to Catiklan.

I've been reading Asian spirit has great deals for Catiklan. So try there. I myself took the longer route from Iloilo (5hrs bus ride to Catiklan) cause I just had to. But nextime I will fly straight to Catiklan and be at the beach working on my tan..

ha! ha!

Unica

(vancouver, Canada)

boston,massachussett...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much is reasonable ?

i had very much familiar with all the 7,007 island around the country during hihg tide low more!! the best way is to book a flight return manila boracay. and dont book for the hotel or a straw hut.as soon as you reach the island in boracay theres tons of straw huts or fancy hotels over there that would coz a lot of money.Well it depends what month you are going over there.But anyhow theres always a vacancy over there.you want 5 stars hotel they got it starting at $130 a day.a decent

hotel from $7 to $15 a day.Have fun down there.

hermie of boston

boston,massachussett...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How much is reasonable ?

i had very much familiar with all the 7,007 island around the

8. Re: How much is reasonable ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, May 21, 2005
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much is reasonable ?

I'd definately aim for Caticlan if you have a choice. And I strongly recommend Dave's Straw Hat Inn too.