We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guimaras oil spill spreading ?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Diniwid
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Guimaras oil spill spreading ?

It has been weeks now and the tanker that sunk near Guimaras island is still under the bottom of the sea. Cleaning up is just a short term solution and it is a very slow process while the poor people are losing their livelihood and their health. Until now we have not seen any salvage ship at the site. I thought a lot of countries have been contacted and have offered their help? What are they waiting for ?

If the slow response to this problem continues, the possibility of this oil spill spreading to other islands is a major concern and it is not a pretty picture.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guimaras oil spill spreading ?

Greenpeace are currently there, and Japanese experts are helping. I have a friend in the area at the moment - I'll see if I can get some more details.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guimaras oil spill spreading ?

According to my friend, the UK, the US and Saudi Arabia are also involved in the clean up.

3. Re: Guimaras oil spill spreading ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 18, 2009