We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchanger and exchange rate

1 post
Save Topic
Money exchanger and exchange rate

Hi

Are there a lot of available money Exchangers and what are their rates of USD to peso?

Or, should I get to change in spore or bring my ATM card ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,068 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

Try to change some money in Metro Manila - if you have limited time, there are banks near customs or outside in the inner roadway once you have been through immigration and customs. The best rates, however, in Philippines are at Edzen and associated moneychanger Sheena in A. Mabini Street, Ermita near Roxas Boulevard and also close to Robinsons Place Mall, Ermita. Edzen and Sheena are open from 0800 to 0200 daily.

If you must change money on Boracay, the Tourist Centre is an old standby but you will not receive as much as in Manila.

I rarely change money in other than the country to which I am travelling - so I do not suggest changing Philippine pesos in Singapore.

Check the daily rate at www.xe.com to see what a good rate is. It fluctuates each day and during the day depending on economic and sometimes general news, and demand versus supply. It's a market!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
253 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

Never use the Tourist center, on average they are about a peso lower than others on Boracay. Exchange rates on Boracay are lower than Manila and using your ATM is a good idea.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
176 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

I don't quite remember if there are money changers in Boracay, but there definitely is a bank and ATM.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,337 posts
1,910 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

Plenty of money changers in Boracay. As mentioned rates are lower than Manila.

Tommo

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

There are lots of money changers along White Beach, and ATMs at D'Mall, and a few along White Beach itself.

australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

When I visited boracay in May, I used the ATM

however you will need pesos to pay for your transport and the ferry from calitican .

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

to give you an idea, Tourist Center, worst rate on Boracay is P42, per USD today, but you can get P43.15‏ ++ on the island if you search around. So, that is your range or maybe you can get a better rate. The online rate is about. 43.73 Manila must be around 43.55. If you use an ATM, factoring in the fees of P200 for 10,000 withdrawal, not including any home bank charges, your rate will be nearer the tourist center rate.

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

Compare historical currency exchange rates between two currencies before we travelling between the countries, currency calculator apps which gives you exact rates and values as per your input. there are different apps available in market for different countries for more: omgtop5.com/top-5-best-international-money-e…

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

what are you talking about. Those apps will not give accurate rates, especially in Boracay etc. To make it more simple, go to xe.com get the rate and minuus about 1/2 peso to get a rough estimate of Boracay.

1.00 USD = 44.7400 PHP, You can get about 44.24 . This is not an exact science, but we use to to make sure we are in the ball park for exchange in Boracay.

10. Re: Money exchanger and exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 27, 2015