We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Activities

So, If it happens to be raining the time that we're there (which is in 2 weeks), what else is there to do in Boracay?

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities

Going to www.boracayinfo.net and clicking on "Daytime Activities" produces a short list, but most wouldn't be too much fun in the rain.

Suggestions?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities

Diving is great when it is raining!

You have to like it but I like to put my rain jacket on and have long walk along the beach during rain...as long as wind is not too strong. or just go around on my motorbike stopping here and there for drinks or snacks.

It is also nice to have late mornings in bed with your loved one and some " afternoon specials" just after the rain starts and some early evening schmoochies during late evening rain! Then bang-bang! big thunder again at midnight! Time to cuddle and have your own thunderstorm!

What else can we do in Boracay? Go to the internet cafe? Sip coffee in D'Mall and try some yummy pastries? Meet the locals in some friendly local hangouts during Happy Hours? take time off to watch a movie on your DVD? Play a game of poker? billiard?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities

Bowling, shopping, restaurant-hopping, bar-hopping.... and if all else fails, karaoke!

Check out some Boracay activities here:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/8ab27/157917/

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities

Sirenna, didn't Boracay's bowling alley disappear quite a while ago? Is there another one which I'm not aware of?

Mastur had some good suggestions, and his mention of billiard sparked a thought on my part. The bar at B&B Resort (at the Main Road end of Tourist Center Road, across from Boracay Tropics) has two well-maintained pool tables, friendly staff, and cold beer. Best to phone ahead to be sure that the cold beer supplies are topped up. They also have a Shuffleboard table, which probably needs explaining.

Table Shuffleboard is a game mostly peculiar to America and Americans (Not to say that we Americans are a peculiar bunch. No, not to say that at all ;-). The game is fun and easy to learn, and anyone can become moderately skillful very quickly. Several cold San Miguels seem to help the learning process. For more info and a short video clip, see http://www.shuffleboard.net/

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities

Manila Standard recently published an an online puff piece related to this. See www.manilastandardtoday.com/…

That piece brought to mind another activity not mentioned yet in this thread -- the 11m climbing wall at Patio Pacific.

The climbing wall might not be usable during a rainstorm, but it should be a workable alternative activity while waiting for the sun to make an appearance during one of those 'gray day' periods of howling wind, nippy weather, and overcast skies.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities

thanks for the info, I failed to mention that I'l be w/ my kids both 8 and who get easily bored, but with all your suggestions, I now have more options

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities

I forgot: visit the butterfly garden at Fairways or at Bulabog beach.

Bring the kids to the paint ball place in Yapak.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activities

As far as I know Datu's bowling alley is still open, on the main road behind the mall. Some friends of mine went last week.

9. Re: Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 12, 2009