We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choices for October

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Hotel choices for October

I and my wife am flying into Boracay in October. We are looking for a beach resort either at the beach or near the beach.

Have been looking at various hotels and resorts, but have a hard time determining which one to go for. I have short listed the following accomodation, and I am still making up my mind.

Following are my top 5 choices:

1. Boracay Regency

2. Boracay Tropics Resort

3. Asya Boracay

4. Waling Waling Resort

5. Lorenzo Grand Villa

6. Jony's Beach Resort

7. Paradise Garden Resort Hotel

Please advise.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choices for October

It is very difficult to give advise on this. Persnally I would only consider Asya and maybe, maybe Paradise Garden as the other 5 are below my standards.

My advise to you: follow your instinct and book in a hotel which has the best chances to satisfy your need, taste and budget.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choices for October

Gerald_Pang said:

> ... Following are my top 5 choices: ...

Mastur responded:

> ... It is very difficult to give advise on this. Persnally I would only consider ... as the other 5 are below my standards.

Therein lies the problem -- there is no mutual understanding about what standards should be applied; nor can there be absent a lot of back-& -forth.

60-80% of the exchanges on this forum are along the lines of "Where is the best place to stay?", without any mutually understood recognition of what the word "best" might mean in this context, or what tradeoffs might be made in deciding which establishment is "better" (according to some unknown definition of "best") than another.

My advice: Do not ask persons who may or may not share your defiition of "best" what is the best place to stay. Advice which may be sincerely offered by others who define "best" differently than you is likely not to conform to your own definition of "best". Instead, try to collect objective information about what the establishments you are considering do and do not offer, and base your decision on that. Feedback seen here along the lines of "the staff was wonderful" (or, possibly, awful) is probably useful. Feedback saying "I liked (or did not like) the place" is probably misleading because the like/dislike criteria varies from person to person.

Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choices for October

Hi Thanks for all you valuable advise.

I am not looking for the best resorts. However, it will be valuable if you could provide inputs on the choices I have made. Probably could advise on the rooms, proximity to the beach, facilities, etc...

Your input would be much appreciated.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choices for October

I think that all the resorts you mentioned have websites, except possibly Lorenzo Grand Villa. Go to www.boracayinfo.net, search for each by name (just one word from the name will do for the search), click on the search results to display info; if a website is leisted, click the displayed website URL to pop it up.

The websites typicaly give info about rooms, facilities, etc.

Besides website URL, the displayed info should include location information. Click on a location to show details about it, what is nearby, etc.

Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choices for October

I understand that there are no place on the beach for those hotel or resort that are not beach front. Is that true?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choices for October

Yes, only Jony's, Regency and Waling Waling are located on the beach.

The only two with no need to cross the road are Regency or

Waling Waling (unless Waling puts you in their far away rooms near the church)

Lorenzo Grand villa has a private beach facing Caticlan airport but not on white beach. Location could be both bad or great , depending what you are looking for (quiet and privacy or "downtown" center location)

Asya brings their guests to their own private beach also facing Caticlan and is also accessible to white beach (5-8 minutes walking distance on a paved road)

Paradise Garden is near the road and has a narrow walkway leading to a paved road going to he beach (about 5 minutes walk) at station 2

Tropics is near the road and 10 minutes away from the beach on a paved road

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel choices for October

Whats happening to our island? Are all the beaches and coves being privatised now? Shame!

If you stay at a hotel which is not on the beach, you still have access to use any part of the White Beach, though some places will charge you to use their beach beds and chairs.

Given the choice I'd probably pick Waling Waling - it's beachfront and in a lovely location. It's generally accepted that the beach is at it's best in this area.

Regency is, in my opinion overrated and overpriced, and the beach isn't as nice there.

Boracay Tropics is on the main road 5 minutes walk from the beach.

Asya is a lovely hotel, but again not beachfront.

Lorenzo would be really nice if you want seclusion and privacy, but it's quite isolated and far from the bars and restaurants on White Beach.

Jony's is not a bad choice, located north of boat station 1.

Paradise Garden is not beachfront, but has lovely gardens and pools, so another good option too.

8. Re: Hotel choices for October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 14, 2009